Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: You have no castings of spells of level 0 remaining  (Read 6927 times)

October 18, 2010, 08:28:20 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

So, I am playing a game online with my girlfriend. We're both using laptops over our home network. She is serving the game and playing at the same time. I have been having a problem with my Hexblade for a while now... started the first time I loaded a game. When I gained a level and learned to cast spells I could use them. Now, even after I rest, when I attempt to cast a spell I see "You have no castings of spells level 0 remaining". I still see the spells on my radial menu. If we start a chapter anew I can choose my spells then, and they'll work until we load. I found a fix for a similar issue on this forum (an update for prc_spells that was supposed to remove some anti cheat code) that I installed on both computers to no avail. So, whats the next step? Is there a way I can just force it to let me choose my spells again?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 08:29:32 PM by sordeo »

October 18, 2010, 09:03:19 PM
Reply #1

Your copy of the database may be bugged. You need to replace it with a fresh copy.

Download a compressed version of PRC from the vault and extract the database files into the database folder in your main nwn directory. That should fixed the issue if its db related.

October 19, 2010, 03:55:49 AM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

Quote from: sordeo

So, I am playing a game online with my girlfriend. We're both using laptops over our home network. She is serving the game and playing at the same time. I have been having a problem with my Hexblade for a while now... started the first time I loaded a game. When I gained a level and learned to cast spells I could use them. Now, even after I rest, when I attempt to cast a spell I see "You have no castings of spells level 0 remaining". I still see the spells on my radial menu. If we start a chapter anew I can choose my spells then, and they'll work until we load. I found a fix for a similar issue on this forum (an update for prc_spells that was supposed to remove some anti cheat code) that I installed on both computers to no avail. So, whats the next step? Is there a way I can just force it to let me choose my spells again?

Hexblades don't *have* any 0 level spells. Which spell you try to cast?

Make sure you both have the same PRC version.

October 19, 2010, 03:55:59 AM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

So, on both computers, I redownloaded the .exe installer, then opened it with 7zip and overwrote my database, erf, hak, tlk, and prcpack. Still getting the same message. Any other things to try?

October 19, 2010, 04:12:39 AM
Reply #4
    • View Profile

So, on both computers, I redownloaded the .exe installer, then opened it with 7zip and overwrote my database, erf, hak, tlk, and prcpack. Still getting the same message. Any other things to try?

:|

Send me your character file

October 19, 2010, 04:26:35 AM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I am attempting to cast spells like Hexblade Magic Weapon. One interesting thing of note is that when I choose to use the character file stored on my computer instead of on her save there are no spells listed at all. Attached is my most recent bik. The game saves are on her computer though.

October 19, 2010, 04:28:46 AM
Reply #6
    • View Profile

I am attempting to cast spells like Hexblade Magic Weapon. One interesting thing of note is that when I choose to use the character file stored on my computer instead of on her save there are no spells listed at all. Attached is my most recent bik. The game saves are on her computer though.

You need to zip-up the bic ;)

October 19, 2010, 04:45:14 AM
Reply #7
  • Adept
    • View Profile

oh, sorry. I thought it was indeed attached. I'll try that again. It may no longer matter though, as there has been a new development. Now, whenever I try to join her game, at the point when my computer should be loading, my computer sits on a blank screen for a while and then crashes. We can see my character icon in her party for a while, then it disappears, probably due to timeout as my program is locking up. So at this point, I don't care if I can't cast hexblade spells if I can't even play.

October 19, 2010, 05:27:50 AM
Reply #8
    • View Profile

The character file is OK - I could cast Magic Weapon, Bull's Strength and False Life with no problems.

I think you should try installing PRC and starting a new game (saved games might not work correctly)

October 19, 2010, 07:20:10 AM
Reply #9
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Yeah, it seems something happened to the save files, as now we can't even load in together without my game crashing. At least I know what it was now. Thank you for helping. Its really great that you guys actively try to help out with the user's problems.

October 19, 2010, 08:05:00 AM
Reply #10

Yeah, it seems something happened to the save files, as now we can't even load in together without my game crashing. At least I know what it was now. Thank you for helping. Its really great that you guys actively try to help out with the user's problems.

If you haven't changed the GamePort setting in at least one of your client's nwnplayer.ini files, you can very possibly get save game corruption.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 08:09:26 AM by DM Heatstroke »
HEATSTROKE

October 19, 2010, 02:28:35 PM
Reply #11
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I didn't know that. Thanks for that tidbit. I'll change the port on mine right away then.