Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC and CEP2  (Read 39226 times)

November 15, 2009, 11:29:56 PM
Reply #30
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Thanks soooooo much. That worked.

I would like to say. If you post a link that has files that do not work. Please update them or just make everyone us the SVN.

The one from downloads is broken.

The prccep .tlk and prc_consortium.tlk files have been updated since the prccepmerge.rar was made and posted.

Anyway. Thanks again!

November 16, 2009, 08:53:20 AM
Reply #31

The CEP merge on the vault is nearly always behind the current version as I tend to stick them up on my site and SVN as soon as I do them rather than waiting for it to get updated there. You shouldn't try merging the 2 tlks yourself as the CEP has stuff in our reserved tlk space.

PRC doesn't have the ACP4 animations, but it does have their phenotypes referenced in our phenotypes.2da and the modifications to our baseitems.2da needed for some of the styles to work as intended. This was partly because PRC's baseitems needs very careful merging with anything to make sure the prc stuff isn't accidentally overwritten. Mostly it was because I like playing NWN with ACP added and thought I may as well add the changes to the PRC.

November 19, 2009, 08:03:14 PM
Reply #32

Still having trouble with getting the door graphics to work again, I don't know if it was referenced in the previous posts unfortunately since another question was posted right after.

Definitely having trouble now as all my no-appearance doors as well have disappeared and has forced me to rebuild my area transitions in dungeons.

- B
Burin077 - Gamer, Designer, Storyteller, the list goes on.

Current Works:
The World of Anestoril - NWN Module - In Progress

November 21, 2009, 05:08:47 PM
Reply #33
    • View Profile

Could you give us some more info? Which version of PRC and CEP are you using? Do you use PRCCEP merge or some other haks?

AFAIK PRC does not include doortypes.2da file, and I'm not sure what could cause the problem you described.

November 21, 2009, 05:15:02 PM
Reply #34

Quote from: xwarren

Could you give us some more info? Which version of PRC and CEP are you using? Do you use PRCCEP merge or some other haks?

AFAIK PRC does not include doortypes.2da file, and I'm not sure what could cause the problem you described.

Apologies, forgot to add that.

I am using CEP 2.0 and according to what I recall I downloaded the most recent PRC version available. CEP 2.0 came with door graphics (Steamworks door, wood jail door, etc.) that seemed to have been disabled when I installed PRC.

Note: I found a work-around with the no-appearance doors for now by having all those doors appear as an already-open Force Field door (Yes I still get the blue smoke effect, but I was able to cancel that by altering the area lighting).

Thanks for taking the time to address my issue here, the PRC has been a powerful tool for my module so far!

- Burin

Current Works:

November 23, 2009, 08:22:49 AM
Reply #35

CEP2.0 is not compatible with the 1.69 patch. The first version that was done for 1.69 was 2.1. The PRC requires the 1.69 patch to work. Also, as the CEP are up to 2.2 now, then I guess that's probably the version you should be using. Particularly as I think they moved the doors between 2.0 and 2.1 because Bioware added a load in the patch.

November 23, 2009, 09:58:58 PM
Reply #36

Quote from: fluffyamoeba

CEP2.0 is not compatible with the 1.69 patch. The first version that was done for 1.69 was 2.1. The PRC requires the 1.69 patch to work. Also, as the CEP are up to 2.2 now, then I guess that's probably the version you should be using. Particularly as I think they moved the doors between 2.0 and 2.1 because Bioware added a load in the patch.

Alright, thank you for the update, I went ahead and upgraded CEP to 2.2 this evening.

It appears this has actually caused a slightly different problem, I am unsure how this occured though.

Now not only are the doors no longer appearing, but when I attempt to open the toolset, all of the custom content that came with CEP2.2 has now been blanked out. While it is still selectable, it no longer possesses its information as it did before.

I now have CEP 2.2 installed, is there anything else I am missing?

My guess is it's the order I have the hak paks in, but I want to be sure before I attempt anything.

- B
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 10:02:26 PM by burin077 »

Current Works:

November 24, 2009, 02:36:22 AM
Reply #37
    • View Profile

Check if you have the right tlk file. For CEP 2.2 it's 'cep22_v1.tlk' ;p

November 24, 2009, 11:46:25 PM
Reply #38

Check if you have the right tlk file. For CEP 2.2 it's 'cep22_v1.tlk' ;p

Okay, I'm probably doing something wrong here,

I went ahead and applied the cep22_v1.tlk file as recommended, but it didn't seem to do anything. I even did a rebuild on my module to try and see if it did anything. Still can't get the doors to appear in the toolset.

EDIT: Okay, something DID get fixed, the CEP graphics are now displaying, but the doors are still missing (Including the Area Transition No Door).

- B
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 12:11:10 AM by burin077 »

Current Works:

December 07, 2009, 10:51:01 AM
Reply #39
  • Adept
    • View Profile
    • www.soulsoft.com.br/to3h

Cep 2.3 is out
is anyone working on a merge for prc and cep 2.3?
thnx
My servers:

badlands PRC  direct connect:  to3h.redirectme.net

to3h pw : http://www.soulsoft.com.br/to3h/

pindorama educational project nwn : http://projetopindorama.blogspot.com/

December 07, 2009, 04:45:52 PM
Reply #40
    • View Profile

I'm :P

Edit: Actually I've already made it (and PRC/Project Q merge as well). Those will be released with PRC 3.3h rc1. (very soon, hopefully)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 05:45:35 AM by xwarren »

December 07, 2009, 05:04:36 PM
Reply #41
  • Adept
    • View Profile
    • www.soulsoft.com.br/to3h

its on svn?

i think not, but it will be uploaded to there before the release?
My servers:

badlands PRC  direct connect:  to3h.redirectme.net

to3h pw : http://www.soulsoft.com.br/to3h/

pindorama educational project nwn : http://projetopindorama.blogspot.com/

December 09, 2009, 08:42:48 AM
Reply #42

It should be, but it isn't. The most recent version I did is there. The merge sub-project stuff is at /daprc/nwn/prccomp/trunk/ rather than being under nwnprc though.

December 09, 2009, 11:04:34 AM
Reply #43
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Those will be released with PRC 3.3h rc1. (very soon, hopefully)

FYI, I have a lot of improvements for Shifter (PnP), Warblade, and Shining Blade of Heironeous classes that it would be nice to get into that release, but I likely won't have time to finish working out some kinks in the Shifter (PnP) changes until this weekend.

December 09, 2009, 05:03:03 PM
Reply #44
    • View Profile

I haven't uploaded my merge to the SVN yet, because it's not compatible with PRC 3.3g (some things have changed since that version). So it's quite useless until the release.