Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Base Class: Warlock  (Read 11137 times)

November 27, 2010, 11:23:20 AM

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:11:01 PM by ThE LoSt BoY »
Fermi was a Pyrokineticist

November 28, 2010, 02:19:59 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: ThE LoSt BoY

uber WL incantations missing [Aura of Flame, Instill Vulnerability] http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/invocations (sniffle)

We do have Instill Vulnerability in PRC :P

Both invocations you mentioned are for Dragonfire Adept class, and not for Warlocks :P

November 28, 2010, 05:09:43 PM
Reply #2

My mistake = no splatbooks. I'll delete it from the post.

I'm jellin', though. They would go very nicely with WL.

November 30, 2010, 01:32:03 PM
Reply #3

That doesn't do you any good with a negative charisma modifier.

November 30, 2010, 09:45:40 PM
Reply #4

The racially adjusted bonus is +1 / +7 Max items. If you don't play with item mods, it isn't worth much.

It's basically a shameless +7 Flex for a high SR build w/ Imp Evasion.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 10:14:19 PM by ThE LoSt BoY »

December 03, 2010, 07:34:42 AM
Reply #5
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Isint expertise disabled when casting?...or doses this not count ,being  an Invocation?

Cos this info will take my current fey/warlock build into a whole new direction! :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 07:37:48 AM by magpie45 »

December 03, 2010, 08:59:10 AM
Reply #6
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Quote from: magpie45

Isint expertise disabled when casting?...or doses this not count ,being  an Invocation?

Cos this info will take my current fey/warlock build into a whole new direction! :)

Unless the PRC manages to fix it somehow (I don't think it does), Expertise and Improved Expertise are not disabled when casting, although I understand they should be according to the PnP rules. It's a handy "feature" that I have made good use of in the past, although not recently.

December 03, 2010, 11:07:53 AM
Reply #7

Quote from: CapnQ

Unless the PRC manages to fix it somehow (I don't think it does), Expertise and Improved Expertise are not disabled when casting, although I understand they should be according to the PnP rules. It's a handy "feature" that I have made good use of in the past, although not recently.

There is a Bioware switch that fixes this.
Code: [Select]

// * Spellcasting: Some people don't like caster's abusing expertise to raise their AC
    // * Uncommenting this line will drop expertise mode whenever a spell is cast by a player
       SetModuleSwitch (MODULE_VAR_AI_STOP_EXPERTISE_ABUSE, TRUE);

Should be in your Module OnLoad script.
HEATSTROKE

December 03, 2010, 01:33:21 PM
Reply #8
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Quote from: DM Heatstroke

Quote from: CapnQ

There is a Bioware switch that fixes this.
Code: [Select]

// * Spellcasting: Some people don't like caster's abusing expertise to raise their AC
    // * Uncommenting this line will drop expertise mode whenever a spell is cast by a player
       SetModuleSwitch (MODULE_VAR_AI_STOP_EXPERTISE_ABUSE, TRUE);

Should be in your Module OnLoad script.

I was unaware of this switch, thanks.

So the answer to magpie45's question: I've checked, and I'm pretty sure the PRC never uses this switch, so unless you're playing a module that does so, you should be able to use Expertise while casting for your warlock.

December 03, 2010, 07:30:08 PM
Reply #9
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

My God!...this means Ive actually come up with a build improvement!..ok ..Sorta!

Or at least "a build" idea I have never heard of.[Im really ,really crap at them...No Honestly...pressing "recommended" has been known in the past..on a PW..]

You dont know how this means too me...*sniff*

December 03, 2010, 08:49:30 PM
Reply #10

Per NWN Wiki (a good ref)

http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Expertise

"Under the default behavior, this can be a useful feat for casters who do not make attacks, as they will gain the AC benefit at effectively no cost. "

December 04, 2010, 05:44:28 AM
Reply #11
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Ah well!,for a few moments there...:)

June 21, 2011, 10:25:57 PM
Reply #12