Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: The two-handed weapon bug.  (Read 13407 times)

January 06, 2011, 08:06:46 PM

Hi there.

First, sorry for the spam, I couldn't find the post I already made about this and I got a headache and I can't navigate trough the page well.

I have a liltle probelm with the prc, when I have it installed the two-handed weapons animation are shown as wielding a single weapon. The damage works fine btw, (I just had to re equip the weapon so is updated).

I wonder if any of you have this problem and was able to fix it.

Maybe I need the ACP?

If anybody could answer, thx.

January 06, 2011, 09:12:34 PM
Reply #1

I have installed the ACP, but the Barbarian style doesn't work, it is stuck with the default nwn one-handed weapon animation.

Does anyone knows why my character is using two-handed weapons one-handed?

January 07, 2011, 05:51:42 AM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

Quote from: Nachomanrandy

I have installed the ACP, but the Barbarian style doesn't work, it is stuck with the default nwn one-handed weapon animation.

I think it was made to enable 'big' races, like Ogres or Trolls to use large weapons with shields or double-wield them.

January 07, 2011, 01:34:27 PM
Reply #3

Well is not only me, every enemy and npc use the twohanded weapons one-handed.... am I the only one getting this bug?

January 07, 2011, 03:02:18 PM
Reply #4

Quote from: xwarren

Quote from: Nachomanrandy

I think it was made to enable 'big' races, like Ogres or Trolls to use large weapons with shields or double-wield them.

My creatures are using the halberds normally.  Not sure about the rest.
HEATSTROKE

January 07, 2011, 03:16:52 PM
Reply #5

It must be something I'm doing then?

I installed the game with both expansions, patched to 1.69, ran the PRC exe and used the haktool for the ACP.

If there is anything I should have done?

January 07, 2011, 11:38:49 PM
Reply #6

Sigh, I reinstalled the game and manually installed de PRC and I still get the same bug!!!!

Every character in the campaing treats two handed weapons as onehanded!

When I equip then it says "Weapon equiped as a one handed weapon"

Does anybody knows how to solve this problem?

January 08, 2011, 01:30:05 AM
Reply #7

Tried again, manually, cound't do it.

January 10, 2011, 03:41:35 AM
Reply #8

This change was made to remove the restrictions in NWN about which creature/class can wield which weapon and too allow weapons like bastard swords and spears to be used either single handed or two handed. This is all in accordance with PNP. Unfortunately the animations are all single handed now because the NWN engine thinks that every weapon is a single handed weapon; the spear looking particulairly sill as it is swung like an axe.

IIRC there was some discussion about making this change optional for people who didn't want to lose the two handed animations but the changes were too extensive to make this practical.

January 10, 2011, 05:01:42 PM
Reply #9
    • View Profile

Quote from: Christerical

This change was made to remove the restrictions in NWN about which creature/class can wield which weapon and too allow weapons like bastard swords and spears to be used either single handed or two handed. This is all in accordance with PNP. Unfortunately the animations are all single handed now because the NWN engine thinks that every weapon is a single handed weapon; the spear looking particulairly sill as it is swung like an axe.

IIRC there was some discussion about making this change optional for people who didn't want to lose the two handed animations but the changes were too extensive to make this practical.

I wouldn't call this a game breaking bug. If you want to fix this, you'll have to edit baseitems.2da file from prc_2das.hak.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 05:02:08 PM by xwarren »

February 01, 2011, 05:24:50 PM
Reply #10

Quote from: Christerical

I wouldn't call this a game breaking bug. If you want to fix this, you'll have to edit baseitems.2da file from prc_2das.hak.

And how would you do that?  Would this have any other consequences on the game?

February 01, 2011, 05:46:57 PM
Reply #11
    • View Profile

you'll have to extract baseitems.2da from prc_2das.hak, open it in notepad and change values in WeaponSize column for every weapon you want to '4' (yeah, you can make daggers two-handed :P ).

Than just save the file and import it back to prc_2das.hak.

Should do the trick.

February 01, 2011, 10:50:00 PM
Reply #12

you'll have to extract baseitems.2da from prc_2das.hak, open it in notepad and change values in WeaponSize column for every weapon you want to '4' (yeah, you can make daggers two-handed :P ).

Than just save the file and import it back to prc_2das.hak.

Should do the trick.

Great, thanks!

Would this have any negative consequences or implications against the reason it was created in the first place?

February 02, 2011, 03:05:58 AM
Reply #13
    • View Profile

Quote from: Bloodmode

Great, thanks!

Would this have any negative consequences or implications against the reason it was created in the first place?

You won't be able to dual-wield those weapons while playing with 'large' characters (like trolls, half-giants or dragon disciple), and there are some scripts that will still executed even though they are not needed anymore (possibly granting you 0.5*Str mod damage).

:P

March 11, 2011, 12:37:29 PM
Reply #14
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

speaking of which, some users are complaining about the 0.5 mod damage given by the scripts, aparently it does not stack with weapon enhancements.

say, i have a GS +2 and 14 str.
damage should be:

GS damage + 2 (enhancement) + 2 (str mod) + 1 ( 0.5 str mod)

since the +1 from 0.5 str mod is Slashing, it does not stack with +2 enhancement, is this so? or am i confused?