Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Invocation progression?  (Read 13837 times)

March 19, 2011, 09:02:59 AM
Reply #15

I encountered something like that too when playing a straight warlock build recently. When I hit lvl 16 I could only select greater invocations, no dark. On level 18 though I got dark invocations. A guess from me, by experience with the PnP-D&D-3/3.5ed.-Tool eTools: maybe the warlock invocations were erroneousley bound to the charisma-score the way spells are bound to intelligence/charisma/wisdom?

Edit: Of course I mean the" highest learnable level of spells = base ability -10" rule. Not the DC or something...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 09:06:31 AM by half_evil_333 »

March 21, 2011, 03:24:01 PM
Reply #16
    • View Profile

Quote from: half_evil_333

I encountered something like that too when playing a straight warlock build recently. When I hit lvl 16 I could only select greater invocations, no dark. On level 18 though I got dark invocations. A guess from me, by experience with the PnP-D&D-3/3.5ed.-Tool eTools: maybe the warlock invocations were erroneousley bound to the charisma-score the way spells are bound to intelligence/charisma/wisdom?

Edit: Of course I mean the" highest learnable level of spells = base ability -10" rule. Not the DC or something...

The maximum invocation level depends only on Warlock level and is read directly from 2da file. No idea why this might be happening.