Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: The End.  (Read 5168 times)

February 01, 2011, 10:51:06 AM

I didn't have the main page bookmarked, so it took me a few days to notice the message on the front page.

I'm very sorry to hear that things have come to an end, but happy and grateful for the many years of work that have been put into the NWN PRC. I agree about the community having moved on, but I wish the project could have received a proper ending. Not one that's on the edge with the beta 3.4 release and an outdated manual.

I hope some capable hands will eventually tie up the loose ends so the NWN PRC can be finally put to rest in Google's eternal archives.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 10:54:24 AM by minigrover »

February 01, 2011, 03:07:56 PM
Reply #1
  • Adept
    • View Profile

It's not truly at an end. It's just the website and forums really. There will still be work going on by the few devs still here, but don't expect to see announcements posted to the main page.

I've not done anything of late, but I've seen xwarren and a couple of others are still updating the code base. I'll get back to it, but it's taking me a while to get the coding urge again.

February 01, 2011, 03:38:33 PM
Reply #2
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Quote from: ElgarL

It's not truly at an end. It's just the website and forums really. There will still be work going on by the few devs still here, but don't expect to see announcements posted to the main page.

I've not done anything of late, but I've seen xwarren and a couple of others are still updating the code base. I'll get back to it, but it's taking me a while to get the coding urge again.

I'm one of the "couple of others," and I"m not planning to go anywhere. I mostly patch things that I would like to work better as I play NWN, and I don't play of all the time, but when I do you can expect me to keep sending in more improvements as long as there's somewhere to send them.

February 01, 2011, 05:11:54 PM
Reply #3
  • Associate
    • View Profile

I'm guessing that, since the forums will soon shut down, the only way of telling if there has been a new release of the PRC will be to check the Neverwinter Vault.  Is this correct?

Also, another thread indicates that the bioware social forum doesn't really have a PRC section, so I'm not clear how anyone would, for example, submit a bug report once the forums are gone.

In any case, thanks for all the great work.  NWN by itself is so much more limited than the PRC has made it.  Really, NWN with the PRC installed is a completely different game.  If there ever is an NWN 3, whatever company is involved could not do better than to buy the PRC's work.

February 01, 2011, 07:05:39 PM
Reply #4

Quote from: Calirion

I'm guessing that, since the forums will soon shut down, the only way of telling if there has been a new release of the PRC will be to check the Neverwinter Vault.  Is this correct?

Also, another thread indicates that the bioware social forum doesn't really have a PRC section, so I'm not clear how anyone would, for example, submit a bug report once the forums are gone.

In any case, thanks for all the great work.  NWN by itself is so much more limited than the PRC has made it.  Really, NWN with the PRC installed is a completely different game.  If there ever is an NWN 3, whatever company is involved could not do better than to buy the PRC's work.

If the PRC needs webspace / storage they have a standing invitation from me.

p.s. Neverwinter 3.  Can you say no toolset at all?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 07:07:02 PM by DM Heatstroke »
HEATSTROKE

February 02, 2011, 02:56:57 AM
Reply #5

I am very glad to read that it's not really the end. I was only expecting one last release because of some comments I read.

Quote from: DM Heatstroke

p.s. Neverwinter 3.  Can you say no toolset at all?

No toolset, pure mmo and 4th edition... I just cannot see this ending well.

February 04, 2011, 09:24:50 AM
Reply #6

That's good to know. Thanks in advance for fixing it a bit more. :)