Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Building a Sorcerer Lich - Build Help Wanted  (Read 6131 times)

June 14, 2009, 03:07:16 PM

Hello there! After I got NWN working on my PC (woo Vista?) I decided to download many things, among them your excellent PRC. Looking through the new classes, I noticed the Lich template class, and thus was born my idea to remake Xykon, one of my favorite characters from a DnD webcomic called Order of the Stick. As you can guess, he's an epic level sorcerer who went through the lichification process to rid himself of his humanity/old age, and I want to try and recreate him in NWN with the help of the template.

So here's what I'm looking to do (Help illustrating a build from lv1 to 40:

Sorcerer 28, Anti-Paladin 2 (?), Lich 10...Although I have been told it is a good idea to at least get sorcerer 29 for the feat. Should I drop the Anti-Paladin levels?
Looking for a feat focus around primarily necromancy, and secondarily evocation, Xykon's two favorite schools of magic. To that end, how many Spell Foci feats should I grab, and what else would be worthwhile to round out the feats.
Skills: Lore, Concentration, Spellcraft, Bluff/Persuade, methinks.

Stats? Should I grab a 16 or an 18 charisma, and how much intelligence should I invest in? No problems with low wisdom, as that fits the RP and the Powergaming perspective I'm looking for here ;D

EDIT:
Oh, forgot to add that I was planning on either bringing him through the OC to HotU or SoU to HotU. Is this viable, or do I need to make some changes, as I know that Demi-Liches are EXPENSIVE. If there is any advice on a good module to bring him through let me know!\

(I was going to originally try Endless Nights VI, seeing good things about it, but I have problems with it - I got the version that was CEP compatible and inserted PRC into it, and got everything working, but when I tried to play, I could only move a few steps before my character automatically stopped moving and did a backstep like he was in combat. Made spellcasting impossible and doing anything else incredibly frustrating.)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 03:12:28 PM by FantomFang »

June 14, 2009, 05:10:28 PM
Reply #1
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Yeah you should drop anti-paladin altogether. I don't know if you get bonuses from high Charisma but it doesn't fit, and you can get the Archmage class instead. You also don't have to worry about the Epic Spells ,since they are no longer feats in the PRC. As for the Lich, you need to get only 4 levels to be a Lich. HotU caps at around 27 levels, so taking 20 sorcerer and 4 Lich you might have the most precise build, RolePlaying wise.

June 17, 2009, 07:39:37 PM
Reply #2
  • Associate
    • View Profile

With regard to Endless Nights Vi--and I think the same is true of IV as well--the weird character behavior you describe can be circumvented by saving the character through another module, then using the saved character for Endless Nights.  I don't know what the original problem is,  but this workaround cures it.  (This is a tip I got from someone on the old boards.)

Endless Nights IV is good for building chracters like demiliches because you really can get to 40 levels if you want.