Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Spell Channel's OnHit Property Never Activates  (Read 4395 times)

August 04, 2019, 10:39:46 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I'm running some tests to see where my build goes with admin commands, and I've got a Fighter 1/Wizard 6/Spell Sword 4. He's taken feats like Monkey Grip, Somatic Weaponry, Craft Magic Arms&Armor, Weapon Focus (Halberd), Power Attack, Cleave, just in case certain feats are disrupting the class feature. However, according to the class feature, I'm supposed to cast the spell directly onto the melee weapon, which functions as intended, applying a special on hit bonus to the weapon. However, when I strike an enemy successfully, the spell doesn't discharge, it only uses another Spell Channel use.

There's no real steps to replicate either: Cast, Sequencer Stores Spell, Attack, Spell Doesn't Go Off.

Any idea what might be causing this?

August 05, 2019, 07:16:08 AM
Reply #1

As seen here, it works just fine. Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

August 05, 2019, 08:17:03 PM
Reply #2

Fermi was a Pyrokineticist

August 06, 2019, 01:55:14 AM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

My bad, figured it out. As Stratovarius mentioned, it functions correctly. The target has to be hostile. Any friendly fire will disrupt the scripts on difficulties other than hardcore, I guess.

August 06, 2019, 05:45:49 AM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Well, now I feel like I'm just going crazy. There must be something wrong with my install or something, because I went to fight a zombie lord in Beggar's Nest, and cast some AC buffs before using shocking grasp on my halberd. The spell stored successfully, but then when I struck the zombie, it only took physical and sonic damage, and when I tried to cast another spell on my weapon, the sequencer said it was full, but another charge was used. I figured maybe the buffs may have broken the script, because I was using Flame Weapon, but that was not the case, the steps were exactly the same.

-Cast Shocking Grasp/Fireball on Ravager +1
-Strike (HOSTILE) Target
-Damage logs show only Sonic and Physical, or only physical when I crafted a Masterwork Halberd
-Cast another spell on melee weapon, assuming it's lost its charge
-Sequencer is full
-Strike Second Hostile Target
-Still No Discharge

I have no idea what is happening.

August 06, 2019, 08:37:44 PM
Reply #5

Unfortunately I can't reproduce this, because it's obviously working for me... :/

August 06, 2019, 11:39:43 PM
Reply #6
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I might hop in, take the time to grab a screenshot in my client, see if it gives a little more insight.

August 07, 2019, 12:17:19 AM
Reply #7
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Alright, Ladies and Gentlemen, here it is, the debug output when this thing happens. I caught it all.

August 07, 2019, 01:32:25 PM
Reply #8

It appears to be trying to cast the spell on the item (Ravager +1), although I'm not sure why. I've got a potential fix for that compiled, but will have to have you test it, since it works for me.

August 07, 2019, 05:46:16 PM
Reply #9

August 25, 2019, 12:33:40 PM
Reply #10
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I'm also having this problem. The spell don't discharge and when I try to store a new one, it says the sequences is full.

August 25, 2019, 06:56:21 PM
Reply #11

August 25, 2019, 09:19:02 PM
Reply #12
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Running the latest alpha?
I'm running 3.7.8, got it from nwnvault. Is this the latest alpha?
It looks like its using the spell on the weapon, like you said. I'm attacking with a spell stored and it gets stored again instead of discharging it. I installed CEP2 recently and I didn't used the merger (just realized there is one lol), does this have anything to do with the problem?
EDIT: Nope, did the merger, didn't fixed. Its still storing the spell again when I attack.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 09:52:15 PM by Niizzy1 »

August 25, 2019, 10:24:17 PM
Reply #13

No, the Alpha is 3.8, not 3.7.8. It's on the vault.

August 25, 2019, 10:35:53 PM
Reply #14
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Oh...
Its on my download folder, I downloaded it the same time I downloaded the 3.7 version. Don't know why I didn't installed it. Maybe because I'm really stupid.
Thank you!