Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Eldritch Glaive  (Read 5154 times)

November 20, 2012, 01:40:55 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

So, is it just me or is this shape really hard to use? When I cast invoke it on a hostile, a glaive spawns in my inventory(assuming there is room), and then is equipped, and then I can make one of my two(current) attacks with it then it disappears.  Some sort of attack roll is made when I first invoke, but half of the time i just get my unarmed damage presumably because the glaive hasn't equipped yet.

Any suggestions?

Is there a quick way for me to just "cheat" and make the duration longer?

November 20, 2012, 08:02:40 AM
Reply #1

Or it could have a PRC switch to change your unarmed damage to 1d8 to match a glaive instead of summoning a glaive? So people could use the invocation with worrying about the glitching there?
The eventual creator of the PRC Incarnum System!
23rd highest post count and counting!

November 20, 2012, 11:33:21 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Not quite sure that would quite get it done.

From the manual:
Least Invocation
Blast Shape
2nd Level Spell

Your eldritch blast takes on the physical form of a glaive. If you hit with the glaive, the target is hit as if with your eldritch blast, including any essence applied. The glaive dissipates next round.

It gets pretty confusing, but from my understanding, this is a full round action that is supposed to allow you to do full blast damage as an iterative attack. That is, you roll as many attacks as your BAB allows and check them against the targets touch ac, if you get 3 hits then you roll your full EB damage 3 times and target takes that damage.