Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Does a Favored Soul use wisdom or charisma?  (Read 4945 times)

August 22, 2013, 10:23:52 PM

I want to try this class in a game, but I'm reading the manual and it has the following description when it comes to spell casting:

"To cast a spell, the Favoured Soul must have a Charisma score of 10 + the spell level. The DC of a Favoured Soul's spell is 10 + Spell Level + Wisdom Modifier. A Favoured Soul's caster level is equal to his class level. He has access to any spell from the Cleric spell list, and casts spells as a Sorcerer does. "

First it says you need to have a charisma score in order to determine the highest level of spells you can cast.  But then it says the DC for spells utilizes your Wisdom modifier.  Which one increases the amount of spells you can cast per day?

August 22, 2013, 10:46:00 PM
Reply #1

I want to try this class in a game, but I'm reading the manual and it has the following description when it comes to spell casting:

"To cast a spell, the Favoured Soul must have a Charisma score of 10 + the spell level. The DC of a Favoured Soul's spell is 10 + Spell Level + Wisdom Modifier. A Favoured Soul's caster level is equal to his class level. He has access to any spell from the Cleric spell list, and casts spells as a Sorcerer does. "

First it says you need to have a charisma score in order to determine the highest level of spells you can cast.  But then it says the DC for spells utilizes your Wisdom modifier.  Which one increases the amount of spells you can cast per day?

Charisma determined spell levels, and thus spell slots (don't quote me on that).
The eventual creator of the PRC Incarnum System!
23rd highest post count and counting!

August 23, 2013, 12:44:11 AM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

Wisdom affects only spells DC (Difficulty Class = how hard it is to save against the spell). Charisma determines other aspects of FS spellcasting. Usually Favoured Souls can cast more spells per day (compared to Clerics or Mystics), but their spells are weaker.