Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Applying PRC to modules which is already using CEP  (Read 4469 times)

May 03, 2014, 09:31:25 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I have tried to apply PRC to some user-made modules which are already using CEP.

At first, I chose "prcc2" option on the NWN Content installer. But it could not finish applying PRC as modules already using some custom talk file (of various versions of CEP).

So, I have removed custom talk from those mods by using NWN Tool. Then chose "prcc2" option on the NWN Content installer.

It worked. But it seems that this way of modification tend to cause some troubles such as breaking custom portraits of henchmen, or removing some monsters and/or placeable from the mods.

Are there safer way to apply PRC to the modules which are already using CEP?

May 05, 2014, 07:47:42 AM
Reply #1
  • Adept
    • View Profile

The message "The module and custom content contain tlk files that cannot be merged." seems to appear when I try to add PRC to a module which is using CEP 2.1. But does not appear when the module is using CEP 2.0.

May 05, 2014, 03:58:27 PM
Reply #2

If the mod has a "custom" tlk then you may need to merge it with the prccep tlk. prcc2 is the merge hak the tlk is prccep. I tend to try and physically merge the PRC into mods using the CEP. Granted its allot of work but I tend to run into less trouble.

May 09, 2014, 03:43:25 AM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Thank you for replying.

It seems that I have to learn more about the NWN Tool.