Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Leadership Feat  (Read 7172 times)

June 05, 2009, 05:21:48 AM

The new PRC website has been launched.  WoOT!

During the signup process there is a scrambled image with letters and numbers.

This is the first one I've seen that will read the code aloud to you.  Very cool.

There is no warning that you cannot use certain characters like the apostrophe in my name resulting in the screen reloading and having to retype my ungodly long email address again.  Not cool.

Does this guy have a question..  a point...   something?              Why yes!

How do you get a custom cohort?  I have created a Lawful Good Elven Wizard with an 18 Cha.  I created a Level 4 Lawful Good Human Paladin and saved the bic in localvault.  Then I leveled the Wizard to 6 in Single-Player and took the leadership feat.

I see under the PRC options an option to take a custom cohort, however when I select it no character names appear to choose.

What's the buzz, brothas?

June 05, 2009, 06:17:42 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Did you saved your characters as custom cohorts? (There is an option in PRC Options dialog, when you choose it you will have to level your cusotom cohort up to level 40. After that they should appear in custom cohort menu. ).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 06:19:05 AM by xwarren »

June 05, 2009, 07:33:47 AM
Reply #2

Yup, you need to actually set your PC as a cohort from the in game menu. It will ask you to do the complete levelup package for it.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

June 05, 2009, 12:50:06 PM
Reply #3

Happy Days!

I tried out the setting up me Paladin as a cohort thing.  I got to leveling her up and then I realized I was befuddled.

I have to choose NOW what path I want her to take?  This took some thinking.

I finally settled on a Paladin/Champion of Heironeous (and a fine Paladin that is!)  However now I have a new question.

I would like her to use Bastard Swords AND Longswords so.. if I dual-wield with one Bastard and one Longsword will that screw up/ prematurely end the Champion's Zap-Smite ability (the way it is coded for NWN)?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 12:53:29 PM by Connor84 »

June 05, 2009, 12:53:27 PM
Reply #4

I believe the Champion only works with longswords. Although, I'd need to check the code to make sure.

June 05, 2009, 01:00:35 PM
Reply #5

Right, the Champion only works with longswords however if I zap-smite and then (because I am dual-wielding) swing a longsword (for the bonus) and then a bastard and then back to a long again.. does my Champion zap-smite work on the 2nd longsword swing as well and merely "not activate" on the bastard swings or does it do something nasty like end the zap-smite early as soon as you swing a non-longsword?

Going for longest sentence in a post award!

June 05, 2009, 01:16:38 PM
Reply #6

Oh, it should just affect the longsword. It works by adding item props to the equipped weapon.