Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Epic Spellcasting feat  (Read 13218 times)

November 11, 2010, 12:12:57 PM
  • Developer
    • View Profile

I just ran across this when leveling up--am I right in thinking it's an obsolete feat? If so, perhaps it should be removed. I believe it's number 4073 in feat.2da.

November 11, 2010, 01:03:45 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: CapnQ

I just ran across this when leveling up--am I right in thinking it's an obsolete feat? If so, perhaps it should be removed. I believe it's number 4073 in feat.2da.

You're wrong ;p You need that feat to cast epic spells.

November 11, 2010, 02:52:58 PM
Reply #2
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Quote from: xwarren

Quote from: CapnQ

You're wrong ;p You need that feat to cast epic spells.

Really? I haven't actually tried casting them yet, but I was playing around with learning them without this feat. Guess I just didn't go far enough.

December 28, 2011, 01:43:50 PM
Reply #3
  • Adept
  • Doom of Worlds
    • View Profile

Any chance that Epic Spellcasting can be fixed for sublime chord?  I built a character the other day and while eligible to take the feat and learn spells, they subsequently didn't show up in the radial once I'd added them.

December 28, 2011, 02:18:32 PM
Reply #4
    • View Profile

Did you used 'Manage Epic Spells' from 'PRC Options' menu?
I'll check this.

December 28, 2011, 03:16:30 PM
Reply #5
  • Adept
  • Doom of Worlds
    • View Profile

Yep, that's what I meant about adding them to the radial.  I even removed them and re-added them to make sure, but no luck.  And yes, I'd bought and learned the seeds, researched the spells, etc.  :P
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 03:19:31 PM by Siradein »

December 29, 2011, 06:17:39 AM
Reply #6

Yep, that's what I meant about adding them to the radial.  I even removed them and re-added them to make sure, but no luck.  And yes, I'd bought and learned the seeds, researched the spells, etc.  :P

You rested, right?
HEATSTROKE

December 29, 2011, 06:32:29 AM
Reply #7
    • View Profile

I think it's a first prestige class with epic spellcasting. And it seems that epic spells won't work from cls_feat_schord.2da (i don't know why exactly, it's probably because the class has only 10 levels). Since the class requires levels in bard I moved epic spells from cls_feat_schord.2da to cls_feat_bard.2da. Now they appear in epic spells radial.

December 29, 2011, 01:16:12 PM
Reply #8
  • Adept
  • Doom of Worlds
    • View Profile

Yes, I rested.  I also ran across this same problem with the warmage class, for whatever reason.  At first I thought it was because I was playing a rage mage, but I found that a pure class warmage also lacked the radial.

December 29, 2011, 02:35:21 PM
Reply #9
    • View Profile

All PRC classes can't cast epic spells!!!

Edit: I atTempted to fix a bug reported by one of the HP server player:
As i started with 4 cleric, then 4 witch, then 10 hathran,
it seemed my cleric spells didn't progress:
still had only lvl 2 spells while i should have had lvl 5 spells.
However: after taking 1 lvl of cleric after the 10 hathran,
i suddenly did have the spells i should have.
So then i take some more cleric lvl till i have 8 total,
and when i take some more witch after that suddenly
i lose all the extra cleric spells again i gained from hathran.
This could be easily resolved by taking another cleric lvl again though.
However this isn't so simple when ingame i suppose..

I didn't intended to break epic spellcasting, sorry.

Edit: This is probably unfixable - every class with Spellcaster set to 1 (other than standard bioware classes) is considered divine spellcaster by game engine. :(
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 04:52:43 AM by xwarren »

January 06, 2012, 09:23:40 AM
Reply #10
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but what do you mean by, "This is probably unfixable"--the specific problem you were trying to fix, or the whole epic spellcasting situation?  (I'm pretty sure I have successfully cast epic spells as a PRC class character before.  Yeah, I used Dread Necro-Cleric-True Necro and cast epic spells.  I think I also used to cast epic spells as a Sublime Chord.)

Edit:  Okay, that was a stupid question.  I figured out the unfixable part must be the server player's problem, not epic spellcasting in general.  The question below is still valid, though.

And is the problem from the server player something we should be aware of in general, like certain character builds that just won't ever work?  (I always like to know this kind of thing before investing a lot of time in a build.)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 05:35:08 PM by Calirion »

January 07, 2012, 10:00:44 AM
Reply #11
    • View Profile

Right, I'll fix epic spellcasting.

The other problem is unfixable - some class combinations may result in a bug, where player won't gain access to higher level spells. This bug occurs in a specific class combination:
Bioware divine caster + PRC arcane(divine) caster + prestige class that improves divine spellcasting
(ie. cleric/hexblade/hospitaler - if hexblade level >= cleric level you will never gain higher level spells from hospitaler class).
This bug was always there, so if you've never seen it you probably never tried a class combo like this.

January 07, 2012, 11:57:49 AM
Reply #12
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Good to know.  How about a Bioware arcane caster and a PRC divine caster?  (I was thinking about a wizard-archivist intelligence based mystic theurge.)

January 07, 2012, 02:04:46 PM
Reply #13
    • View Profile

Good to know.  How about a Bioware arcane caster and a PRC divine caster?  (I was thinking about a wizard-archivist intelligence based mystic theurge.)

Those will work. The bug happens because game engine treats all new caster classes as divine.

February 09, 2012, 12:05:53 AM
Reply #14
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Is there a way to get epic spellcasting working for PRC classes?  I want a straight Archivist or Dread Necro, but Epic Spells won't work.