Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: A question about epic spell research  (Read 3083 times)

November 14, 2010, 01:32:06 PM

I have an interesting question about the PRC spell system, and this concerns epic spell research. My character has the proper seeds learned (and then some) to actually research the spell, not to mention the gold and XP requirements. However, the epic spell tome's Use Unique Power effect only describes what the spell does; examining the tome, though, gives a rather vague clue as to what needs to be done: it states that I need to find the proper locale (and class-dependent, at that) in which to research the spell. What exactly might these locations be for the various spellcasting classes, and where?

November 14, 2010, 02:31:06 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: syphilitica69

I have an interesting question about the PRC spell system, and this concerns epic spell research. My character has the proper seeds learned (and then some) to actually research the spell, not to mention the gold and XP requirements. However, the epic spell tome's Use Unique Power effect only describes what the spell does; examining the tome, though, gives a rather vague clue as to what needs to be done: it states that I need to find the proper locale (and class-dependent, at that) in which to research the spell. What exactly might these locations be for the various spellcasting classes, and where?

Go to class radial menu and choose 'PRC Options' icon - a conversation will pop up. Select 'manage epic spells' and 'research epic spells' (might be labeled a bit different, don't remember). When you select this option an invisible container will be summoned - you have to place a tome with the epic spell there. If you have all needed spell seeds, enough GP and XP and you pass Spellcraft check, you will succeed in research process. You can manage epic spells (add/remove from radial menu) in the same 'PRC Options' conversation.

Good luck ;)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 02:32:08 PM by xwarren »