Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Attune gem  (Read 4133 times)

February 12, 2011, 06:31:12 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I took the attune gem feat, and can't seem to get it working. I'm playing the OC with a Wizard 5/ EK 4/ Spellsword 5. I've tried various low level spells, mirrow image, protection from evil, ect. I'm using a saphire for this test. I'm 5000 xp over my level, and have 89,000 gp in my bank. When i cast the spell on the gem, i get this message: 'not a valid target for this spell'.

I noticed something in the manuel about a sub-radial entry, but i've checked them all, and can't find one. Thanks for any help.

February 12, 2011, 09:51:42 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: Merlex

I took the attune gem feat, and can't seem to get it working. I'm playing the OC with a Wizard 5/ EK 4/ Spellsword 5. I've tried various low level spells, mirrow image, protection from evil, ect. I'm using a saphire for this test. I'm 5000 xp over my level, and have 89,000 gp in my bank. When i cast the spell on the gem, i get this message: 'not a valid target for this spell'.

I noticed something in the manuel about a sub-radial entry, but i've checked them all, and can't find one. Thanks for any help.

This feat works as a toggle - use icons that appear in your class radial menu (the place where all class special abilities are - ie. turn undead, summon familiar, rage, bard song etc) to enable or disable it.

February 12, 2011, 10:46:06 AM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Quote from: xwarren

[This feat works as a toggle - use icons that appear in your class radial menu (the place where all class special abilities are - ie. turn undead, summon familiar, rage, bard song etc) to enable or disable it.

Thank you for your quick response. I wish it was that easy. I checked the radial menu its not there, neither is craft magical arms and armor.

Here's my radial menu.  Left- special abilities- bottom left wizard- (from the top clockwise) summon familuar, mount actions, power attack 0-4, pa 0-20, pa quick selects, prc options (it's not here either). That's it. The rest of the special abilities: crafting skills (not there), taunt, detect, stealth. I also have spells, defensive casting, counterspell, and metamagic.

I have Leto 1.69 i used to add weapon profiency: martial, and weapon focus: great sword, before i added PRC. But i started a new game after i added PRC with that character. I also added Tony K's AI in chapter 2. I'm guessing Leto the problem?

February 12, 2011, 12:49:00 PM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

it might be best to recreate your character using the PRC Character Creator instead of using the in game one, then use the Leto for PRC to give the proficiencies or other feats and then it should work.

February 12, 2011, 03:03:02 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Quote from: Anakey

it might be best to recreate your character using the PRC Character Creator instead of using the in game one, then use the Leto for PRC to give the proficiencies or other feats and then it should work.

Just be sure to, when you have changed your character like you want it, level it up few times just to see that it can and its not blocked if you have chosen a forbidden feat. Happened to me once or twice when I was playing around with some feats to try them out.