Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Custom Items and the PRC  (Read 2420 times)

April 29, 2011, 03:43:10 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I'm trying to create an item that will summon a merchant at a particular spot in Mordenkainen's Mansion.  I think the script is fine, and I've synced the item tag and the script name.  

However I can't figure out how to link the item's ability with the "OnActivateItem" module properties script slot, because the default module scripts are overridden by the prc.

Was just wondering if this was something that's possible?   Or because the prc overrides the default scripts for the module script lines, is this something I need to do a different way (or which is impossible)?

On a similar note, if I design a module with custom items, and then install the prc, does it overwrite all the tag-based scripts I enabled using the default OnModuleLoad/OnActivateItem scripts?

Sorry if any of the above doesn't make sense.  I'm a little new at this.

Thanks in advance,
Rev

April 30, 2011, 02:00:18 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: Rev222

I'm trying to create an item that will summon a merchant at a particular spot in Mordenkainen's Mansion.  I think the script is fine, and I've synced the item tag and the script name.  

However I can't figure out how to link the item's ability with the "OnActivateItem" module properties script slot, because the default module scripts are overridden by the prc.

Was just wondering if this was something that's possible?   Or because the prc overrides the default scripts for the module script lines, is this something I need to do a different way (or which is impossible)?

On a similar note, if I design a module with custom items, and then install the prc, does it overwrite all the tag-based scripts I enabled using the default OnModuleLoad/OnActivateItem scripts?

Sorry if any of the above doesn't make sense.  I'm a little new at this.

Thanks in advance,
Rev

AFAIK tag-based scripting is always on in PRC (I didn't have to change OnActivate script to use my testing items). PM me your item and script and maybe i'll be able to help.