Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Inability to finalize CC through Java  (Read 4729 times)

October 03, 2014, 09:03:45 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

[attach=1]

As is apparent to anyone here - the Java Character Creator has proven itself to be incapable of compiling a Bioware Aurora Engine Character file for reasons that are as of yet unspecified, which is definitely not helped by the fact that I have searched far and wide for such a solution for at least 3 days and have yet to find a single fruit in this tree.

Now, sesquipedalian loquaciousness aside, there isn't a single reason for this to happen, at least not one my person is able to identify - there being no reports whatsoever doesn't help - I can access all the libraries available to create a character - the problem happens when trying to save it, which is deeply troubling given that I have conceded administrator privileges to the program (so it should have access to the localvault), but yet cannot, by a brush of fate, complete its own purpose - perhaps it is rebelling against its intended operation? Mocking a certain user? Or trying to unshackle itself from the bindings that keep it under control? Either way, the program is c***shoot - for whatever reason- it just doesn't work, despite my countless efforts.

And before one begins to question my competence in following given instructions - I have all of the latest Java libraries installed.

My computer is a 64 bit Windows 7, should that make it propense to such sinistries.

October 06, 2014, 04:00:36 PM
Reply #1

Almost all PRC CC "issues" relate to Java.

Old machine ran the CC's. "New" Win 7 64 machine won't. Tried several things. Nothing worked.

Two main choices left:

1) Install PRC CC on another (preferably non-Win 7 64) machine and hope it works.

2) PM a PRC member w/working CC and ask for a .bic file w/specs X, Y & Z.
Fermi was a Pyrokineticist

October 11, 2014, 11:34:43 AM
Reply #2
  • Associate
    • View Profile

I have used it successfully in windows 7 64 bit and even windows 8.

The old CC bat routine doesn't work, though. I right click my CC bat, open file location, and click on "charactercreator.exe" directly. I just tried again to make sure, and it save fine. It's just a generic fighter, but it does demonstrate the CC still works.

I'm using CC 1.8 and Java 7, version 67.

April 05, 2015, 05:23:23 PM
Reply #3

I just updated my java today and the CC started working again. :)

April 06, 2015, 03:59:27 PM
Reply #4

Fermi was a Pyrokineticist

July 19, 2015, 02:48:41 AM
Reply #5

i can report version 8 update 51 of java works with my cc 1.8 in windows 8