Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Weapon Proficiency Not Recognized In OC  (Read 3928 times)

August 02, 2009, 12:31:56 PM

I recently decided to try to play all the way through the original NWN campaign. There is no way I would dream of doing this without the PRC.

However, when I take Weapon Proficiency Bastard Sword, the game does not recognize it; bastard swords still state a requirement of exotic, have the red background, and cannot be equipped.

I'm interested in a few things:

Has anyone encountered this before?  If so, how did you fix it?

And is there a quick fix that would enable me to add the exotic weapon proficiency the default game would recognize?  (I've tried LETO, but when I add the feat through it it isn't there when I re-load my game).

Thanks!

August 08, 2009, 10:48:27 AM
Reply #1
  • Associate
    • View Profile

I'm not the best person to answer this, since I haven't played the OC with the PRC installed, but I seem to recall from the old forum that in order to play the OC correctly with the PRC, you needed to run the oc fix.  I don't know how to do this--perhaps some other kind soul will condtribute.  I do notice that in my hak folder, I have a file called prc_ocfix.hif.  

There is a very confusing discussion on one of the bioware forums that looks as if you can run ocfix using the module installer.  http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=619606&forum=66

August 08, 2009, 11:15:06 AM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

After installing PRC no weapon should have red background - you should be able to equip any weapon, but if you don't have required proficiency, you'll get a penalty to your attack bonus.

I guess you didn't installed it correctly, use Module Updater - it's the easiest way to do that ;)

(run it twice - first to add PRC, and next to add oc_fix)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 11:16:59 AM by xwarren »

August 10, 2009, 02:54:06 PM
Reply #3
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://deepingdale.proboards.com/index.cgi?

This started happening on my PW recently when doing a upgrade to rc 2 and the merge fluffy made on the 6th. I am having to make items that give weapon prof exotic and martial and hand em out but that seems to work.