Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC and CEP2  (Read 39218 times)

June 11, 2009, 05:25:16 AM

Hey, i love what you did with all the new prestige classes. But i've been busy to get this to work with Aielund saga mod(they have some new beta's that work with CEP2). The PRC runs, but for example duskblade doesn't get any new spells. I manually edited the mod (Edited all the strings with Executescript... etc),   because the automatic updater didn't work. I also downloaded a merged PRC/CEP tlk/hak and included it in the module but this didn't work either.

So i decided to make a my own merge following the instructions in the manual, but once i have a CEP2 start module and try to auto update it says that TLk files can't be merged.
Also when i use the summon undead 1 spell (in OC), instead of a human skelleton i get a dwarf in underpants o_0

Well i hope somebody can help, cause i would love to play the Aielund saga again with some friends :)

June 11, 2009, 06:59:32 AM
Reply #1

Ok nevermind it works now ^_^ Still have the naked dwarf bug though but that's just a minor inconvenience.  What i did was i made a manual merged TLK of PRC and CEP and then deleted the tlk insert in the prcpack.hif file (that made the module updater automatically insert the rest and then i added the tlk in the toolset. :)

June 13, 2009, 11:27:48 AM
Reply #2

Mm sorry for triple posting :P

But we tried playing online, but we found two bugs:
first, once second or third player joined the game, all items where removed from the inventory of the other players, leaving them naked.

secondly no XP for kills, though without PRC and in Singleplayer i did got XP for kills.
So sadly it became unplayable after an hour or so :(

June 13, 2009, 01:06:37 PM
Reply #3

Aelund Saga is a known mod that doesn't work with the PRC without heavy editing.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

June 15, 2009, 04:48:32 PM
Reply #4

Hi, newbie builder here.  I have looked in a number of different places, but I haven't found updated answers to the following questions.  And, I thought this would be a great place for people to find it.

1.  Is prc 3.3 compatible with cep 2.2b?  

2.  If so, is "prccep2_merge" the right merge hak to use?  

3.  If prc 3.3 is compatible with cep 2.2b, is "prccep" still the right tlk file to use or is there a new one?

4.  Do you have a recommended hak priority order for builders using both prc 3.3 and CEP 2.2?  (I have an older looking list, which appears to be working with at least minimal functionality)

5.  Is prc 3.3 compatible with CRAP 312?

6.  If so, what order do you recommend for the haks?  What is the tlk file to use?

7.  If prc 3.3 is not currently compatible with cep 2.2b, do you plan to update?  

8.  If prc 3.3 is not currently compatible with CRAP 312, do you plan to make it so?

Thank you.  Any help you could offer would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

June 19, 2009, 06:19:50 PM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Alzarian) I believe the two are compatible, but you'll have to make your own merge hak by making a dummy module with the PRC and CEP (and a few others, possibly, I'm not too sure) as the only hak files.

July 04, 2009, 03:10:10 PM
Reply #6

Quote from: Alzarian

Hi, newbie builder here.  I have looked in a number of different places, but I haven't found updated answers to the following questions.  And, I thought this would be a great place for people to find it.

1.  Is prc 3.3 compatible with cep 2.2b?  

Yes sort of (prc only works with the core CEP, extra stuff is probably incompatible)

2.  If so, is "prccep2_merge" the right merge hak to use?  

3.  If prc 3.3 is compatible with cep 2.2b, is "prccep" still the right tlk file to use or is there a new one?

The right one to use is usually on our download page, however the vault entry hasn't been updated in a while, so you'll want to use this one

4.  Do you have a recommended hak priority order for builders using both prc 3.3 and CEP 2.2?  (I have an older looking list, which appears to be working with at least minimal functionality)

The one in the merge hak readme is the one to use. But it's basically merge at the top, prc next, cep last.

5.  Is prc 3.3 compatible with CRAP 312?

no (or at least I doubt it)

6.  If so, what order do you recommend for the haks?  What is the tlk file to use?

See above, use the merge tlk

8.  If prc 3.3 is not currently compatible with CRAP 312, do you plan to make it so?

no

July 06, 2009, 01:09:00 PM
Reply #7
    • View Profile

The right one to use is usually on our download page, however the vault entry hasn't been updated in a while, so you'll want to use this one

it's not quite compatible with 3.3g - no Dread Necromancer, Mystic and Noble in tlk, messed entries for new spellbooks

Made my own merge - not sure if everything is ok though :P
http://www.easy-share.com/1906635493/prccep2_merge.rar
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:11:15 PM by xwarren »

July 06, 2009, 01:38:58 PM
Reply #8

I'll give it a test run.
Character Creator now has problems with the mystic, noble and the dread necromancer.
The older version only had problems with just the first two.

Btw, it looks like the one you just linked to is actually older than the one posted earlier in the thread (2-4-2009 vs. 19-5-2009). So both aren't working like they're supposed to.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:46:18 PM by Onisuzume »

July 06, 2009, 03:30:24 PM
Reply #9
    • View Profile

Sorry, I rarely use it - this one was made for PRC 3.3f2, my bad :|

Thanks for pointing this out ;)  I send a new merge tlk as an attachement. (tested - worked well)

Compared Fluffy's hak and mine - turns out they're almost identical (some minor differences), so I guess tlk is causing the problem - I'll check tomorrow, and upload new merge if needed.

Can't add that big attachement. So here is the link to it:
http://www.easy-share.com/1906637478/prccep.7z
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 03:33:06 PM by xwarren »

July 12, 2009, 03:30:57 AM
Reply #10
    • View Profile

July 12, 2009, 08:31:29 PM
Reply #11
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://deepingdale.proboards.com/index.cgi?

I see a big difference in size from this hak and tlk to the f2 one any clues on what all was removed? Anything we might miss and thanks in advance! I was wondering why all these nobles and mystics were screaming.

July 27, 2009, 01:39:16 AM
Reply #12
    • View Profile

July 27, 2009, 06:29:16 PM
Reply #13
  • Adept
    • View Profile
    • www.soulsoft.com.br/to3h

i have noticied in some  tlk`s ago and even in this one  my imunity % list are broken in toolset with some weird names of spells instead of number of % imunity

10% imunity acid is now called anti-paladin spell bla bla bla and similars...

this is only happend to me?
My servers:

badlands PRC  direct connect:  to3h.redirectme.net

to3h pw : http://www.soulsoft.com.br/to3h/

pindorama educational project nwn : http://projetopindorama.blogspot.com/

July 28, 2009, 01:41:23 PM
Reply #14
    • View Profile

I have checked the tlk - everything is OK.

Are you sure you have the haks in correct order?