Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Help with merging PRC CEP ACP  (Read 10394 times)

November 09, 2010, 07:12:16 AM

Okay, I had posted something like this a long time ago, and then I just stopped playing NWN. And now I want to play it again but with the same problem as before: I can't get PRC CEP ACP to work together.
Please, I need help with this, I just don't really understand the mechanics. If possible, I want PRC 3.4 Beta, CEP 2.3, and ACP 4.0 merged in a single file and all I need to do is inject the file to a module.

Can someone tutor me to merge those into a single .hif (or .hak) file?

Also, is this all what I need to merge:
PRC34beta.rar
CEP_23_Full_C.7z
prccep2_merge.rar
ACPv4_convo.rar
CEP_ACP_RideableHorses_Upgrade.rar

Please help, I really want to play NWN with those haks. thanks in advance. :)

November 09, 2010, 05:13:12 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: gmahadhika

Okay, I had posted something like this a long time ago, and then I just stopped playing NWN. And now I want to play it again but with the same problem as before: I can't get PRC CEP ACP to work together.
Please, I need help with this, I just don't really understand the mechanics. If possible, I want PRC 3.4 Beta, CEP 2.3, and ACP 4.0 merged in a single file and all I need to do is inject the file to a module.

Can someone tutor me to merge those into a single .hif (or .hak) file?

Also, is this all what I need to merge:
PRC34beta.rar
CEP_23_Full_C.7z
prccep2_merge.rar
ACPv4_convo.rar
CEP_ACP_RideableHorses_Upgrade.rar

Please help, I really want to play NWN with those haks. thanks in advance. :)

I'll check that tomorrow,  see what I can do with that. AFIK PRC is not compatible with CEP rideable horses - remember Fluffy told me something about that...
Too tired now :p

November 09, 2010, 05:40:20 PM
Reply #2

Wow, xwarren. It's you again who answered my call!! You really are dedicated. :D

Really, I thought PRC and CEP were completely compatible? What PRC has to do with rideable horse anyway?

Don't worry xwarren, take your time. Have a nice rest. :D

November 10, 2010, 03:04:23 AM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

Really, I thought PRC and CEP were completely compatible? What PRC has to do with rideable horse anyway?

Nope, PRC and CEP are not completely compatible, that's why we recommend using only 'core' CEP haks (PRC is almost 100%  compatible with ProjectQ though).

Tried combining this:
ACPv4 large and robes
with PRC/CEP merge. I've tried the hak order that you can see in the attached hif file.

ACP worked, no problems with changing fighting styles, it would still require some more testing though ;)

November 10, 2010, 03:33:22 AM
Reply #4

You made this for me? Gee thanks man!!

Few questions though, I noticed that in the .hif file you gave me, it uses prccep.tlk. What about ACP's tlk file? Shouldn't it be merged too or something?

And how to use this CEP_ACP_RideableHorses_Upgrade.rar? Just put it in the Hak folder and add it to the .hif file? If so, where should I put it in the file (the order)? Thanks again. :)

November 10, 2010, 06:14:07 AM
Reply #5

You made this for me? Gee thanks man!!

Few questions though, I noticed that in the .hif file you gave me, it uses prccep.tlk. What about ACP's tlk file? Shouldn't it be merged too or something?

And how to use this CEP_ACP_RideableHorses_Upgrade.rar? Just put it in the Hak folder and add it to the .hif file? If so, where should I put it in the file (the order)? Thanks again. :)

He probably merged the TLKs too.
HEATSTROKE

November 10, 2010, 06:52:07 AM
Reply #6
    • View Profile

We have tlk entries for ACP fighting styles in PRC. No need to merge anything.

November 10, 2010, 08:44:10 AM
Reply #7

I see. Thanks guys. It worked perfectly. :D

However, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought CEP gave me an option to change head/clothes/or whatever via crafting convo? If not, well...probably that was from another hakpaks, cause I don't see anything like that in my crafting convo. (Edit: Nevermind this. I got the hak already.)

Also, I assume I can't play a module that has it's own custom tlk file with the prccep tlk? And I'm still wondering about the horse thingies...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 08:51:22 AM by gmahadhika »

November 10, 2010, 10:48:17 AM
Reply #8

...was from another hakpaks, cause I don't see anything like that in my crafting convo. (Edit: Nevermind this. I got the hak already.).

Which hak is this? Sounds like something that would be handy! =D

Also, yeah, modules with custom tlks do tend to make the PRC screwy unless you can find a way to merge them (I don't know how to merge tlks, so I'm afraid I cannot help there).

The bigger issue I've found with trying out various modules, however, is modules that use their own custom hide for PCs, which causes...problems...for the PRC (the PRC uses the PC hide for various important things and screwing with it or replacing it with a module's hide can totally break a character). One such module I tried (Citadel 0.5b ) does this to keep track of its custom values (relationship and faction stuff), and I have -no- idea how to merge hides (or if that's even possible), so it ends up breaking the module or breaking the PRC. <_<
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 05:33:24 PM by heimdallw32 »

November 10, 2010, 12:34:58 PM
Reply #9

Haha, it's this hak, Heim: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=6445
Really handy hak from Kamiryn. :)

Hmmm...unfortunately I think the good modules out there always have a custom tlk file...

Whoa whoa slow down there, what is this "hide" you speak of, Heim? I don't see any "hide" in custom content from toolset. How do I know whether a module has a custom hide or not?

Uhhh...is anyone gonna answer me regarding the use of this file: CEP_ACP_RideableHorses_Upgrade.rar

November 10, 2010, 06:07:40 PM
Reply #10

Thanks! This looks really useful.

Anyway, the 'hide' is part of a creature (NPC or PC) that stores characteristics (such as undead properties, construct properties, etc) by default (it's visible in the toolset if you open up a creature's inventory, it's in the secondary equipment tab thing). The PRC and some modules use the hide for more advanced purposes (the PRC might use it for psionics related things, for instance, or extra properties from a prestige class, etc) and a module might use it for, well, like the stuff I mentioned (faction reputation, other things that the game can't track via normal methods).

(Off topic, but this was part of the issue that the spell Anti-Magic Zone had before it was fixed. It was nuking the hides of some classes, like liches, and basically breaking them. xD)

November 10, 2010, 08:33:44 PM
Reply #11

Your welcome. :)

Ah, I see...what about Good VS Evil III? Does it use custom hide?

November 10, 2010, 10:03:11 PM
Reply #12
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Your welcome. :)

Ah, I see...what about Good VS Evil III? Does it use custom hide?

I've played Good vs Evil III with PRC's PnP Shifter, which uses the hide for a lot of things, and it worked OK.