Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: 3.4 Dread Necro concern  (Read 4833 times)

May 01, 2011, 02:33:51 AM
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Just installed the 3.4 final.  Started a Dread Necromancer in the OC and find that I can't use the BANE spell.  It is available, but if I try to cast it, nothing happens.

May 01, 2011, 03:26:15 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: Necro

Just installed the 3.4 final.  Started a Dread Necromancer in the OC and find that I can't use the BANE spell.  It is available, but if I try to cast it, nothing happens.

Damn HostileSetting! It will only work in full PvP areas :/

If you want to fix this you'll need to edit spells.2da and feat.2da. The lines in spells.2da should look like this:
Code: [Select]
449   Bane                                                  2663     is_X1Bane           E      P     vs   0x3a      0x09       X0_S0_Bane        **** 1      ****  ****    ****   ****     1      1500     head     ****            ****             vco_grndpurp    sco_megrdodd01  vs_chant_evoc_lm vs_chant_evoc_lf up       1000     ****            ****            ****            ****             0    ****             ****         ****          ****             ****            Mind_Affecting 0            ****         ****         ****         ****         ****         9        ****   1        2664       1                0                 ****       0              ****       6        ****     0            

and
7593  DreadNecromancer_Bane                                 16841229 is_X1Bane           E      P     vs   0x3a      0x09       prc_DNECR_sp_gen  **** ****   ****  ****    ****   ****     1      1500     head     ****            ****             vco_grndpurp    sco_megrdodd01  vs_chant_evoc_lm vs_chant_evoc_lf up       1000     ****            ****            ****            ****             0    ****             ****         ****          ****             ****            Mind_Affecting 0            ****         ****         ****         ****         ****         9        ****   1        2664       1                0                 ****       0              12870      6        ****     0            
(HostileSetting to 0)
in feat.2da you'll have to change this line:
12870 DreadNecromancer_Bane                                 16841229 2664        is_X1Bane          ****           ****   ****   ****   ****   ****   ****   ****        ****        ****        ****         ****         ****             9        ****  7593    ****      ****    ****       ****       ****       ****       ****       ****       ****       ****       ****     ****             ****      ****              ****                                           ****            0           ****     ****          ****     ****        ****       0        
(HostileFeat to 0)

I'll fix this for the next PRC release. Thanks.

May 01, 2011, 11:20:06 AM
Reply #2
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Thanks (for looking)! and Thanks (for the continued support)!!

May 01, 2011, 03:05:17 PM
Reply #3
  • Associate
    • View Profile

I also noticed that Profane Life Leach feat wont work with my CN Dread Necro.  I get a "You need rebuke undead to use" message when I try to use it.  The Dread Necro only has rebuke undead regardless of alignment.

May 01, 2011, 03:38:50 PM
Reply #4
    • View Profile

I also noticed that Profane Life Leach feat wont work with my CN Dread Necro.  I get a "You need rebuke undead to use" message when I try to use it.  The Dread Necro only has rebuke undead regardless of alignment.

This script only checked for evil alignment - fixed that.

Thanks again :)

May 01, 2011, 10:05:14 PM
Reply #5
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Do I just put the ncs file into the override folder?

May 02, 2011, 03:10:20 AM
Reply #6
    • View Profile

Do I just put the ncs file into the override folder?

Nope, you'll have to use nwhak.exe to open prc_scripts.hak and replace the ncs there.

May 03, 2011, 02:50:40 PM
Reply #7
  • Associate
    • View Profile

XWARREN,

One more item.  I reached 7th level with my Dread Necro.  I got my familair (no choice but to get a Imp).  I can't unsommon it.  It is greyed out as an option on my quickbar (when I right click on summon familiar).  If I right click on the familiar, there is no unsummon option.

May 03, 2011, 03:18:05 PM
Reply #8
    • View Profile

XWARREN,

One more item.  I reached 7th level with my Dread Necro.  I got my familair (no choice but to get a Imp).  I can't unsommon it.  It is greyed out as an option on my quickbar (when I right click on summon familiar).  If I right click on the familiar, there is no unsummon option.

Familiar type depends on characters alignment. Imp is for lawful, quasit for chaotic and something with the name I can't remember now, for neutral. They all use code for PnP familiars. You can't unsummon them, but you can leave them somewhere - remove from party option, or turn PnP familiar switch on, it will allow you to hide your familiar in your inventory ;)