Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: need help?  (Read 10546 times)

June 03, 2011, 09:04:46 AM
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Hi xwarren and prc staff. I read somewhere you guys are about to release a new prc patch. I wanted to know if you guys needed any help i could provide. As you know, our server uses prc and we encountered some bugs which i might be able to solve but did not in order to wait for your patch. if u guys need any help, just call!

PRC RLZ !

June 03, 2011, 12:50:46 PM
Reply #1
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Quote from: Complex

Hi xwarren and prc staff. I read somewhere you guys are about to release a new prc patch. I wanted to know if you guys needed any help i could provide. As you know, our server uses prc and we encountered some bugs which i might be able to solve but did not in order to wait for your patch. if u guys need any help, just call!

PRC RLZ !

What are the bugs? If you tell us what they are, we can tell you if they're already fixed.

Also, I'm not sure "about to release" is necessarily accurate. I remember xwarren saying he was working on a release, but I don't recall a timeframe being mentioned. I hope it's not right away because I have one more patch I'd like to get into it first.

June 03, 2011, 02:33:45 PM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

Next version will be released as beta ;p

I've changed a lot core scripts (so far everything works correctly, but still it requires more tests)

What can you expect:
- optimized lookup cache setup script - the game *should* load a bit faster now (it is looping once through every 2da - old script made 3-10 loops)
- optimized/reorganized spellhook code (improved material components, added new restrictions for spells with alignment descriptors - possibility of alignment shift when casting spells of opposed alignment)
- implemented expanded knowledge feat for psionics (at last ;p,  still have to write a convo for psychic chirurgery)
- minor improvements to new spellbook system
- persistent storage system inspired by Markshire Portable Persistent Chest System
- hopefully fixed a bug where damaging spells didn't affected all targets in spells area
- modified PRC PnP XP system - added option to use default bioware xptable.2da

I'll write when I remember more ;p
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:09:18 AM by xwarren »

June 03, 2011, 04:30:55 PM
Reply #3
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

thanks for the reply u guys

sure, as far as i can tell, i recall
the sequencer (or arcane archer imbue arrow and spellsword channeler);
tempest last feat;
users said something about dragon disciples not able to rest, got too many hides (thought it might be our issue so i rebuild rest event, did not test this out)
feats that grant ab like intuitive attack take a lot of time to apply bonus, sometimes do not apply after tons of re-equip (prolly some optimization needed in our end as well)
knight abilities seem to be buged (cant tell which ones, sry)
some users complained about assasin and Dwarven defender, did not check this personally either, assasin spellbook missin? DD epic feats not available? (did not check 2da for epic feat progretion)

among other little thingies, no big deal, but i think those are quite easy xD

thus, id like to know if we could implement a switch to shut down the damage bonus for large weapons, since id like to restore the old large weapons (sinces bonus does not stack and ACP works better with nwn weapon 2da)

ill keep on posting as it rings.

thanks again u guys, and, if there is anything i could do to help, just ask!

June 03, 2011, 04:35:00 PM
Reply #4
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

fearsom necromancy is not triggering

June 03, 2011, 04:41:22 PM
Reply #5
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Type of Feat: Class.
Prerequisite: Level 8 Battlerager.

Specifics: The Epic Battlerager receives a +1 attack bonus and a +1 bonus to damage while wielding a melee weapon.

Use: Automatic.

// this might be same as intuitive attack, a user posted this feat as bugged

June 03, 2011, 08:59:24 PM
Reply #6
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

it seems that maa does not provide corretly level 1 feat bonus as well

June 04, 2011, 02:19:27 AM
Reply #7
    • View Profile

I've fixed sequencer - multiple channeling will also work :D
Marshal/Draconic auras are also fixed.

June 04, 2011, 12:54:13 PM
Reply #8
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

xwarren, thanks for all your work, as i said, if u need any help, just call.

in our module, for some reason (nordock), if we edit stuff with prc haks loeaded on custom content, DM client crashes on log in.
so, what we do is, we edit the module without prc and before uploading the module to host, we add prc content. this is not very good since we cannot create those super prc npc with soul eater prestige class, etc. any idea why this could be?

June 05, 2011, 08:07:12 AM
Reply #9
    • View Profile

xwarren, thanks for all your work, as i said, if u need any help, just call.

in our module, for some reason (nordock), if we edit stuff with prc haks loeaded on custom content, DM client crashes on log in.
so, what we do is, we edit the module without prc and before uploading the module to host, we add prc content. this is not very good since we cannot create those super prc npc with soul eater prestige class, etc. any idea why this could be?

IIRC there was a similar problem on Deepingdale server, I think you might want to ask how they fixed it on their forum :/

How is your module setup? What other haks do you use? Which switches are set?

June 05, 2011, 06:43:34 PM
Reply #10
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

setup under nwnx uses cep, prc and some custom hak to modify some prc stuff and add some acp functions (such as the ACP feats for emotes not available on prc). tho, this happend while before acp or cep.
we are running on windows server and at first (when issue was detected), only few switches where available.

will check with Deepingdale guys. thanks again warren!

June 06, 2011, 01:04:43 PM
Reply #11
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

duelist Acrobatic Attack not working, jumps, but does not incure attack

June 07, 2011, 02:25:35 AM
Reply #12
    • View Profile

Complex,

I was browsing through my 'started-and-never-finished-projects' folder and I think that there are some things you might help me with ;)

Heres whats in it:
- domains (i want to add new domains and improve domain casting)
- elven weapons (new models for elven weapons we have in PRC - thin blade, court blade, light blade)
- ioun stones (i was searching for some new icons and vfx models)
- new spells (i made the scripts, but need to add icons and 2da entries)
- spell components (blueprints should be remade - new icons are welcome)
- tower shield proficiency (still have to check which classes should have it)
- ToB 2da entries (i've edited all entries for desert wind discipline - 8 to go)

I don't really like 2da work, that's why most of those projects isn't finished. I'll give you more details if you decide to work on any of above (I think that ToB edit is the most needed right now - others can wait) :D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:29:24 AM by xwarren »

June 07, 2011, 02:01:31 PM
Reply #13
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Quote from: xwarren

Complex,

I was browsing through my 'started-and-never-finished-projects' folder and I think that there are some things you might help me with ;)

Heres whats in it:
- domains (i want to add new domains and improve domain casting)
- elven weapons (new models for elven weapons we have in PRC - thin blade, court blade, light blade)
- ioun stones (i was searching for some new icons and vfx models)
- new spells (i made the scripts, but need to add icons and 2da entries)
- spell components (blueprints should be remade - new icons are welcome)
- tower shield proficiency (still have to check which classes should have it)
- ToB 2da entries (i've edited all entries for desert wind discipline - 8 to go)

I don't really like 2da work, that's why most of those projects isn't finished. I'll give you more details if you decide to work on any of above (I think that ToB edit is the most needed right now - others can wait) :D

Sure!
ToB = tomb of battle right?

what 2da entries should be added? and in  which 2da files?
i also hate 2da work, not cuz of the work, but cuz it means users must update haks xD same as new icons :p

tell me how i can help u and ill work on it!

June 07, 2011, 03:33:52 PM
Reply #14
    • View Profile

Sure!
ToB = tomb of battle right?

what 2da entries should be added? and in  which 2da files?
i also hate 2da work, not cuz of the work, but cuz it means users must update haks xD same as new icons :p

tell me how i can help u and ill work on it!

Tomb... right >.>

Almost all maneuvers had the same casting animations - those animations were causing a bug when weapon disappeared after using a maneuver. I've fixed that bug temporarily by increasing CastTime value in spells.2da. But still it would be nice to have different casting animations for maneuvers ;)

As I wrote before - desert wind and devoted spirit disciplines are done. Here are the files I used: http://hotfile.com/dl/120128431/b4377b0/pack.rar.html
Hope this helps. Be careful though some CastAnim and CastTime will result in the bug I mentioned before.

I warn you - this job is very tedious ;p