Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC 3.5 beta 1  (Read 9038 times)

June 26, 2011, 08:33:14 AM
    • View Profile

I've released new beta version of PRC Pack. This version contains many script optimizations, bug fixes and some new content.

In version 3.5 beta:
- Templar class (not quite finished yet - for testing only)
- Troglodyte playable race
- expanded knowledge feat for psionic characters
- portable persistent chest system
- new spellsharing switch for familiars and animal companions
- improved compatibility with TonyK's AI mod
- new switch for casting spells with alignment descriptors
- improvements to CapnQ's chat command system:
    * targeting widget
    * DMs can always use chat commands
- PRC XP system allows default xptable.2da to be used
- bugfixes:
    * rewritten PRCGetMataMagic() function - 'sudden' metamagics will no longer work for spells cast from items
    * AoE spells targeting bug - some spells like fireball didn't affect all targets in blast area
    * spells should now have correct descriptors (this includes elemental descriptors changed by Mastery of Elements)
    * fixed mobile AoE bug for all bioware spells
    * many, many more minor bugs

June 27, 2011, 07:21:44 AM
Reply #1
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Sounds cool. I look forward to trying it.

June 28, 2011, 10:53:47 AM
Reply #2

Great job XWarren.  Any chance of getting PC phenotype selection added to the ConvoCC in the future, maybe?
HEATSTROKE

June 28, 2011, 09:29:11 PM
Reply #3
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Here's a patch that I hope can get into the final 3.5 release: http://s3.amazonaws.com/NWN/nwnprc4.patch. I've been holding off posting it because one of the fixes is only working sometimes and I wanted to debug it first, but work just got a lot busier for a couple of weeks and I wanted to make sure the other changes got in.

What it does:

1) Changes that should make shifting features that used to require a class script available to all classes/races that should have them, not just PnP Shifter, Druid, and Soul Eater. The class script is no longer required.
2) PnP Shifter (& others): When using NWNX funcs, fixed issue that, when shifted and then polymorphed, caused true form stats to be permanently changed to incorrect values.
3) PnP Shifter (& others): When using NWNX funcs, shifting now changes actual race and creature size (so that, for example, size and race based item restrictions are adjusted based on what shape you're in).
4) PnP Shifter (& others): When using NWNX funcs, shifting now correctly preserves HP.
5) Fixed a couple of Contingent Resurrection issues.

July 04, 2011, 08:16:06 PM
Reply #4

« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 02:15:16 AM by masaru20100 »

July 23, 2011, 02:37:00 AM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Expanded Psionics... I think my brain just exploded from the anticipation.  If NWN weren't likely to severely punish my party for Wild Surged Astral Constructs, I'd try a Wilder.  I might still do it.  Otherwise, I'm rerolling as a Psion for Undrentide.

Yeah, recovering maneuvers is strange.  Warblade should be able to recover all maneuvers rapidly.  Swift action and a standard action to attack or flourish, right?  Dropping the timer to 1 round seems like it'd be enough.
While we're on that subject, if it's possible, Recover Maneuvers should check if you have the Adaptive Style feat.  If so, it should drop the recovery time to 1 round for Swordsages as well.  Adaptive Style doesn't technically function that way, but since you're allowed to reselect and recover the exact same maneuvers you already had as a full-round action... It effectively does replace the basic recover method entirely.

When I tried the Warblade and Swordsage classes in the PRC pak, that was what aggravated me the most.  I had to memorize the number patterns for the maneuvers I always used and quickly tap them out in the Adaptive Style dialogue just to recover mid-combat.

The Bugs forum is below the Help forum, and above the Character Builds forum.  It's hidden while you're not logged in, which is why you may not have noticed it.  There's no thread listing current bugs that I've seen, but you can always fall back on the search function.

July 23, 2011, 09:48:18 AM
Reply #6

I've been playing a Warblade character for a little while now, and I have found that the Recover Maneuvers ability works just fine - in combat.  The description of the ability says that it will recover all maneuvers in one round, where you can't use maneuvers but can make a full attack (Which is a good implementation of ToB's recovery mechanic, as far as I can tell)...  If you use it in combat, this is exactly what happens.  When you are out of combat is when the annoying "60 seconds to recover maneuvers" message comes up, so as long as you click the button after the last enemy is dead but before combat ends, you should be fine.

That said, I agree that making recovery take one round out of combat is probably a good idea.

August 07, 2011, 06:00:13 PM
Reply #7
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Is an update coming soon?  I'm not good at adding patches so I need a rolled up release.

August 08, 2011, 12:47:30 PM
Reply #8
    • View Profile

Is an update coming soon?  I'm not good at adding patches so I need a rolled up release.

I'll try upload 3.5 beta 2 this weekend. I wanted to finish Eldritch Theurge class before release, but I got a bit sidetracked - fixing everything hexblade related (my favorite class this month ;p) and I can't force myself to finish ET scripts. 3.5 beta 2 will also include Hellfire Warlock (thanks to Shalvan :) ) and Eldritch Disciple classes - adding a little more options for Warlock characters.

August 08, 2011, 02:21:07 PM
Reply #9
  • Adept
    • View Profile

more warlock stuff? fuck yeah!

on the topic of warlocks: sometimes after a level up(in hordes of the underdark at least) i can't choose greater or dark invocations(only least and lesser being available). saving and then loading the game sometimes fixes it. hopefully this wasn't already mentioned.

also: i presume the 3.4 CEP merge does not work with the 3.5 beta?

August 09, 2011, 06:42:29 AM
Reply #10
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

3.5 beta 2 will also include Hellfire Warlock (thanks to Shalvan :) ) and Eldritch Disciple classes - adding a little more options for Warlock characters.

SQEEEEE! :D

August 09, 2011, 07:57:23 AM
Reply #11
    • View Profile

on the topic of warlocks: sometimes after a level up(in hordes of the underdark at least) i can't choose greater or dark invocations(only least and lesser being available). saving and then loading the game sometimes fixes it. hopefully this wasn't already mentioned.

Right, this was mentioned several times already :/ I think it's just a simple Get2DACache() call so there shouldn't be any problems there. I'll add some debug code and see if I can do anything with this issue.

also: i presume the 3.4 CEP merge does not work with the 3.5 beta?

I haven't made merge for 3.5 yet. New spellbook system might not work correctly and you will miss some bug-fixes but other than that it should work fine.

August 13, 2011, 12:06:03 PM
Reply #12
  • Associate
    • View Profile

XWARREN,

How is the update coming?  I am looking forward to playing again, but am waiting for 3.5 beta 2.