Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Portable Persistent Chest System (X-Chest)  (Read 3714 times)

June 29, 2011, 01:38:25 PM
    • View Profile

I mentioned that I've included portable persistent chest system in new beta, but I forgot to tell you how to use it. I'll try to fix this now ;)

My xchest system was inspired by another persistent chest system - Markshire Portable Persistent Chest System. The base idea is exactly the same - using creature to store items in database. It has all advantages of Markshire's system:
- storage of stackable items
- storage of containers with contents
- storage of non-palette custom items
I've also added an option to store gold ;)

The system is very simple and should be more efficient than most persistent storage systems. And there's also an option to use NWNX database.

Now, where do you find this special chest??
In this beta version I've added chest key "raw magical materials" shop, but it won't be available in 3.5 final. The only way to get the key than is to set PRC_DEBUG switch on and type
Code: [Select]
..dm_spawn item xchst_key in chat window *OR* ask DM to do that ;)
Than use that key and enjoy your personal vault  ;D

I'll appreciate any feedback on this system.

June 29, 2011, 08:25:20 PM
Reply #1

I mentioned that I've included portable persistent chest system in new beta, but I forgot to tell you how to use it. I'll try to fix this now ;)

My xchest system was inspired by another persistent chest system - Markshire Portable Persistent Chest System. The base idea is exactly the same - using creature to store items in database. It has all advantages of Markshire's system:
- storage of stackable items
- storage of containers with contents
- storage of non-palette custom items
I've also added an option to store gold ;)

The system is very simple and should be more efficient than most persistent storage systems. And there's also an option to use NWNX database.

Now, where do you find this special chest??
In this beta version I've added chest key "raw magical materials" shop, but it won't be available in 3.5 final. The only way to get the key than is to set PRC_DEBUG switch on and type
Code: [Select]
..dm_spawn item xchst_key in chat window *OR* ask DM to do that ;)
Than use that key and enjoy your personal vault  ;D

I'll appreciate any feedback on this system.

Very cool.  Is it different than the Markshire system aside from PRC integration?
HEATSTROKE

June 30, 2011, 03:22:09 AM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

Very cool.  Is it different than the Markshire system aside from PRC integration?

Wrong impression. It's not Markshire system integrated into PRC. Just the base idea is the same - storing items on creature. My system is very similar but I didn't used his scripts. I don't use conversations and allow gold storing. And I tried to keep the code as simple as possible (the most complicated part is chest summoning - that's because there are some vfx's applied, the hb is also very simple just checks if PC that summoned the chest is still in the same area) so the system should be good for PW use.