Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: create custom classes for PRC  (Read 1593 times)

January 29, 2021, 01:33:02 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hi everyone.
i read through https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1104093#Comment_1104093 and i got a question or two if thats ok with you.

in the 2nd post of this thread, pscythe wrote a wonderful post with much help for creating a custom class. But:

i am planning to create a class which fits into the prc. And i have to include a new spellbook or two.
The idea is: there is one new category of spells: unique spells, which will have new spells (10 of them).

the 2nd category shall be similar to divine spells ( just different name), with the exception that i just wanna take a few spells of the levels 0-9. for example level 0 shall have 4 spells and the other ones (which normally are part of divine spells) arent even listed to be selected so that i can try to balance out things. i dont wanna take the preset divine spells used by the druid, because they would be too much and it wouldn't be balanced out which is a thing i will try later as good as I can but first, i need to take care of two problems described in this post and summed up below.

the 3rd and last category is similar to arcane spells (just different name again) and just like with divine spells, i wanna take only 4 spells out of lv. 0 and only those are availabe so that only those 4 are selectable and visible and usable. the class shall not know the other spells at all.

of course i did take a look at pscythes post and the nwn wikia is incredibly helpful, but

1. it only explains the base nwn things if i read correctly. because in the prc.2da hak file there is a classes.2da file which has other colums not explained in the wikia. And thats exactly problem number 1. if there would be a wikia which describes the prc versions and the new / unknown colums, there would be no problem at all because all i would have to do is read and learn without having to write these posts and depending on others to help me. i like it more of course to do my thing without others having to help me. plus, i wanna do this new class for everyone , too aside from myself naturally. so is there a homepage which describes everything from the prc files so that i know how to handle a 2da file and its values, colums and even if i can add colums without the game causing bluescreens and without the pc having to go boom ? =)

2. problem number 2 would be: i did take a look at the column "PreReqTable" in the classes.2da of the prc_2das hak file. and i read the entry "CLS_PRES_DRU" for example. (no problem so far, because it is obvious what it means and the file is present in the prc_2das hak file so that i can continue working) then i did take a look at the file by opening it with the standard editor and i read, that it is handled by a script variable which should be a seperate nss file named "PRC_AllowDruid", right? but i cannot find this file anywhere in the prc_scripts hak file. so i dont know where to find the neccessary files to continue working on the class.

can someone please help me out here ? i am very sure i could handle a class which uses spells , even if i am a beginner, as long as I have enough resources to learn from which give me 100% accurate information on all steps and problems so that everything is only a matter of learning and doing so that I wont have missing files or missing info on colums or other important needed things.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 01:42:50 PM by Belgar »