Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC 3.5 beta 2  (Read 36062 times)

August 22, 2011, 03:06:33 PM
Reply #30

Great thanks!  Now I'll just have to figure out how to get the CEP horses out of 2.4...   LOL

August 22, 2011, 05:55:08 PM
Reply #31

Great thanks!  Now I'll just have to figure out how to get the CEP horses out of 2.4...   LOL

I think the fix for that lies in the phenotype.2da.
HEATSTROKE

August 23, 2011, 01:34:35 PM
Reply #32
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Observation:

I am playing a Psychic Warrior and at 6th level I take War Mind.  My psychic powers add, but I am asked to pick a 1st level power instead of the 2nd level my psychic warrior can pick.  Shouldn't the War Mind prestige class work like a spell casting prestige class and work on top of the base class?  I would think that the War Mind should have allowed me to pick a 2nd level power instead of first level. 
Do the caster levels stack at least (I can't tell)?

August 23, 2011, 02:13:13 PM
Reply #33
    • View Profile

Observation:

I am playing a Psychic Warrior and at 6th level I take War Mind.  My psychic powers add, but I am asked to pick a 1st level power instead of the 2nd level my psychic warrior can pick.  Shouldn't the War Mind prestige class work like a spell casting prestige class and work on top of the base class?  I would think that the War Mind should have allowed me to pick a 2nd level power instead of first level. 
Do the caster levels stack at least (I can't tell)?

Warmind and Fist of Zuoken have their own power lists and manifester levels - it's like assassin or black guard, they also have their own spell lists and don't increase caster level from other classes.

This means that manifester level doesn't stack, and it works as intended.

PrCs that do increase manifester level:
  • Cerebremancer
  • Psychic Theurge
  • Thrallherd
  • Shadowmind
  • Ironmind
  • Diamond Dragon
  • Sanctified Mind

August 23, 2011, 05:13:51 PM
Reply #34
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Thanks for clarifying!!

How about the AC on the Shaman animal companion?  HP increase, but AC doesn't.  THe companion has its HP chewed through with an AC of 13 that doesn't improve.

Also, my psion mind thrust wont work on the statue to get me out of the prelude.  The other two powers only cast on myself and also don't work on the statue.  What powers do work on the statue to get out of the prelude?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 05:33:22 PM by Necro »

August 23, 2011, 10:57:29 PM
Reply #35
  • Adept
    • View Profile

You can still use 1.69 horses (IMHO those look better than CEPs).

Unless you are riding a Spider, Tiger, War Boar, Wolf etc then there really is no comparison to the old 1.69 mounts.

August 25, 2011, 12:20:56 PM
Reply #36
    • View Profile

Also, my psion mind thrust wont work on the statue to get me out of the prelude.  The other two powers only cast on myself and also don't work on the statue.  What powers do work on the statue to get out of the prelude?

If you updated Prelude with new prc_ocfix you should get Ray Of Frost scroll that you can use on the statue.

August 26, 2011, 11:49:59 AM
Reply #37
  • Associate
    • View Profile

XWARREN,

Thanks for the Psion info.

How about the Shaman animal companion?  Is its AC not suppose to improve over time?  The Druid animal companions improve AC over levels.

August 26, 2011, 01:26:36 PM
Reply #38
    • View Profile

How about the Shaman animal companion?  Is its AC not suppose to improve over time?  The Druid animal companions improve AC over levels.

No they don't, some of them improve their DEX score, but not AC directly.

August 27, 2011, 09:43:59 PM
Reply #39

Sorry, one other question... Is PRC 3.5 beta 2 still incompatible with CEP 2.4 mounts?  If so, could you point me in the direction of resolving this conflict?

Thanks!
The new CEP 2.4 mounts (griffon, rhino, elephant, etc.) use the same system as the 1.69 horses from Bioware, and will work. The old CEP mounts won't work, but they looked terrible anyway. :P

August 28, 2011, 10:51:11 AM
Reply #40
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Sorry, one other question... Is PRC 3.5 beta 2 still incompatible with CEP 2.4 mounts?  If so, could you point me in the direction of resolving this conflict?

Thanks!
The new CEP 2.4 mounts (griffon, rhino, elephant, etc.) use the same system as the 1.69 horses from Bioware, and will work. The old CEP mounts won't work, but they looked terrible anyway. :P

Well that is awesome to know.
Man this game just keeps getting better and better because of PRC, CEP and the still amazing community.

Question
Other then importing the mounts do I as a module updater(not builder)do I need to do anything else to use those CEP special Mounts with PRC?

August 28, 2011, 06:42:46 PM
Reply #41

Thanks!

Well that is awesome to know.
Man this game just keeps getting better and better because of PRC, CEP and the still amazing community.

Question
Other then importing the mounts do I as a module updater(not builder)do I need to do anything else to use those CEP special Mounts with PRC?
You will have to use some modified scripts because the PRC removes all feats on a pc skin when you load it up, and the 1.69 horse system uses feats on a skin. Fortunately, xwarren helped me figure out how to integrate them here: http://prc.athasreborn.com/index.php?topic=1362.0 :D

August 29, 2011, 02:01:56 AM
Reply #42
    • View Profile

You will have to use some modified scripts because the PRC removes all feats on a pc skin when you load it up, and the 1.69 horse system uses feats on a skin. Fortunately, xwarren helped me figure out how to integrate them here: http://prc.athasreborn.com/index.php?topic=1362.0 :D
Horse Menu is only removed from pre-1.69 characters. New characters get it from lvl 1 and you don't have to change anything.

August 31, 2011, 03:13:07 AM
Reply #43

Horse Menu is only removed from pre-1.69 characters. New characters get it from lvl 1 and you don't have to change anything.
oops! forgot to clarify that!  :-[

September 21, 2011, 03:02:03 PM
Reply #44
  • Associate
    • View Profile

XWARREN,

The True Necromancers Aura of Desicration (red aura that improves undead), seems to provide HP boosts to undead every time they enter the aura.  This ability allows HP to go WAY over the max.  I had a mummy with 400HP due to it being slower then me and constantly re-entering the aura and getting an HP boost.  This allows me to have powerful undead, but I am sure this is not WAD.

Also, I am finding the my True Necromancer (for my Shaman, Dread Necro, True Necro) and my Contemplative (for my Archivist, Contemplative) can't choose spell focus feats except cold.  The base classes get the full list, but not the prestige classes (only cold for prestige classes).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:17:31 PM by Necro »