Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC 3.5 beta 2  (Read 36004 times)

August 14, 2011, 01:32:02 PM
    • View Profile

It's up and ready for testing ;D

So what changed since 3.5 beta 1:
New:
- Hellfire Warlock (thanks to Shalvan)
- Eldritch Disciple
- Eldritch Theurge

Fixed:
- Spell Channeling/Spell Sequencer
- Bowman class abilities (Snipers Skill/Archers Focus)
- Hexblade Dark Companion
- Hound of Doom spell
- epic spell God Smite
- Duskblade spell gain table
- maneuver ready dialog
- Ultimate Rangers Hide in Plain Sight (works more like PnP now)
- Nymph racial abilities have Charisma based DCs (10 + 1/2 HD + CHA mod)
- Keen property for mage staves
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:34:10 AM by xwarren »

August 14, 2011, 03:20:06 PM
Reply #1
  • Associate
    • View Profile

XWARREN,

Thanks!!!

Quick question.  My son has a new windows 7 computer.  It wont run NWN.  Do you know of some setting modifications I could make to get it working?  I play on an older syste that still runs the game.

P.S.  I love the scrolling banner about the new release!  Never noticed that before.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 03:31:31 PM by Necro »

August 14, 2011, 03:32:17 PM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

August 14, 2011, 05:08:05 PM
Reply #3
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Thanks for the info!

Playing on the older system, I see that when first starting a new game there is an error in the dialog section that reads:

Script prc_onenter, OID: 80000000, Tag:, ERROR: TOO MANY INSTRUCTIONS

I performed a complete reload of the game (uninstalled and reinstalled).  The above error still occurs.

Here are more observations for my Aasimar Shaman going through the OC prelude:

1) Can't see descriptons for spells when picking them to fill spell slots.
2) Animal Companion counts as a henchman if I have him summoned before getting a henchman (ex:  If I have the companion summoned when I speak to Benel, he will not join and I see "Already have one hencjman" message.  If I wait and get Bevel first, there is no issue summoning animal companion).
3) The see invisible feat puts an icon next to my character when first going up my second level.  After resting, the icon never comes back even when changing areas.
4) Can't choose my animal companion.  Get jaguar automatically (level up doesn't allow choosing new companion).
5) Can't unsummon animal companion.

Thanks for your great work!!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 08:57:27 PM by Necro »

August 14, 2011, 09:03:34 PM
Reply #4

XWARREN,

Thanks!!!

Quick question.  My son has a new windows 7 computer.  It wont run NWN.  Do you know of some setting modifications I could make to get it working?  I play on an older syste that still runs the game.

P.S.  I love the scrolling banner about the new release!  Never noticed that before.

Install DirectX 9c, that usually fixes it for me.
HEATSTROKE

August 14, 2011, 09:35:54 PM
Reply #5
  • Associate
    • View Profile

HeatStroke (which makes me laugh as I live in AZ)

Where can I get DX 9c?

August 14, 2011, 10:30:00 PM
Reply #6

HeatStroke (which makes me laugh as I live in AZ)

Where can I get DX 9c?

From Microsoft
HEATSTROKE

August 15, 2011, 02:17:59 AM
Reply #7
    • View Profile

Playing on the older system, I see that when first starting a new game there is an error in the dialog section that reads:

I performed a complete reload of the game (uninstalled and reinstalled).  The above error still occurs.
That's... not good. It happens with 3.5 beta 2 and didn't happened before? SP or MP mode? Which switches do you have setup? Do you use personal_switch.2da?

Yes, that's how it worked for prepared casters and IMHO it's OK - you can always change your spells and rest again.

2) Animal Companion counts as a henchman if I have him summoned before getting a henchman (ex:  If I have the companion summoned when I speak to Benel, he will not join and I see "Already have one hencjman" message.  If I wait and get Bevel first, there is no issue summoning animal companion).
All PRC aniaml companions/familiars are added as henchmen - that's because "real" animal companions/familiars are hard-coded. Unsummon your companion and than try to hire henchman.

3) The see invisible feat puts an icon next to my character when first going up my second level.  After resting, the icon never comes back even when changing areas.
That's something I've added recently - you can check on the character sheet that the effect is still there ;)

4) Can't choose my animal companion.  Get jaguar automatically (level up doesn't allow choosing new companion).
Never could ;p - shaman has a jaguar companion and ultimate ranger has a winter wolf companion.

Last time I checked unsummoning worked OK - have you tried remove your companion from party (right click on your companion and search for 'remove form party' option).

Edit: I've added a quick fix for Greatreach Blast ability (didn't worked with new spellbooks)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:50:31 AM by xwarren »

August 15, 2011, 04:58:37 PM
Reply #8
  • Associate
    • View Profile

That's... not good. It happens with 3.5 beta 2 and didn't happened before? SP or MP mode? Which switches do you have setup? Do you use personal_switch.2da?

I have a clean install, so no switches or personal_switch.2da in use.

Yes, that's how it worked for prepared casters and IMHO it's OK - you can always change your spells and rest again.

O.K.

All PRC aniaml companions/familiars are added as henchmen - that's because "real" animal companions/familiars are hard-coded. Unsummon your companion and than try to hire henchman.

Didn't know that.

That's something I've added recently - you can check on the character sheet that the effect is still there ;)

Thanks for clarifying!

Never could ;p - shaman has a jaguar companion and ultimate ranger has a winter wolf companion.

Didn't know that.

Last time I checked unsummoning worked OK - have you tried remove your companion from party (right click on your companion and search for 'remove form party' option).

Will look for this.

Edit: I've added a quick fix for Greatreach Blast ability (didn't worked with new spellbooks)

August 16, 2011, 12:19:42 AM
Reply #9
  • Associate
    • View Profile

XWARREN & HEATSTOKE

Thanks for your help!  Got the new computer running NWN.

I still get the Script prc_onenter, OID: 80000000, Tag:, ERROR: TOO MANY INSTRUCTIONS for the Shaman.

Also, how do I use the Shamans Fire Domain (Turn water/command fire elementals) and Sun Domain (Greater Turning) abilities?  My Shaman is 3rd level and has turn undead.

August 16, 2011, 01:34:44 AM
Reply #10
  • Adept
    • View Profile

It's been a while since I've messed with bonus domains, but as I recall...
There should be 4 bonus domain abilities under your class abilities - two for each bonus domain you have.  One for each domain has Domain Power and Domain Spell levels 1-4 subradials, and the other has Domain Spell levels 5-9.
If I remember correctly, the domain abilities themselves all look generic, don't tell you which specific domain they're for, what the power does, which domain spell levels actually have any spells, and what they are.  I think the chat log tells you which is which after you rest, and the feat/ability screen has the domains with all the relevant info on them?

I can't check myself at the moment.  I'll try to give better feedback later, if you haven't gotten it from someone else by then.

August 16, 2011, 07:42:30 AM
Reply #11
    • View Profile

Also, how do I use the Shamans Fire Domain (Turn water/command fire elementals) and Sun Domain (Greater Turning) abilities?  My Shaman is 3rd level and has turn undead.

Exactly the same as Turn Undead - just use Fire Domain Power and Sun Domain Power icons ;p

August 16, 2011, 12:36:56 PM
Reply #12
  • Associate
    • View Profile

XWARREN,

O.K., the turn undead and turn elemental worked.  But why do the Sun and Fire domain abilities keep dissappearing from my quick slots everytime I rest?

August 16, 2011, 03:53:00 PM
Reply #13

XWARREN,

O.K., the turn undead and turn elemental worked.  But why do the Sun and Fire domain abilities keep dissappearing from my quick slots everytime I rest?

That bug is back again? :(
HEATSTROKE

August 16, 2011, 06:47:40 PM
Reply #14
  • Associate
    • View Profile

XWARREN,

My Shaman animal companion is no longer part of my party if I have a henchman and reload from a save.

EX:  I get Tommy and then summon my companion (have three total characters in my party).  I save and reload and my animal companion is no longer in my party.  What is worse is that the companion is still around and follows me even though he wont join battles and is not in my party.