Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Small issues with PRC installed in my mod  (Read 15361 times)

January 29, 2012, 12:02:08 PM

I can't seem to figure out why no xp is being given nor do monsters drop any loot...

I'm not using anything to prevent normal loot generation to be interrupted so should be as per bioware default unless prc or cep changes the loot rules....

As to XP, these are the switches im using and again I've not changed anything  to the default monster scripts:

PRC_XP_ANIMALCOMPANION_PARTY_COUNT_x100 = 1
PRC_XP_DOMINATED_PARTY_COUNT_x100 = 1
PRC_XP_FAMILIAR_PARTY_COUNT_x100 = 1
PRC_XP_HENCHMAN_PARTY_COUNT_x100 = 1
PRC_XP_MAX_LEVEL_DIFF = 5
PRC_XP_MAX_PHYSICAL_DISTANCE = 1000
PRC_XP_MUST_BE_IN_AREA = 1
PRC_XP_PC_PARTY_COUNT_x100 = 25
PRC_XP_SUMMONED_PARTY_COUNT_x100=1
PRC_XP_USE_PNP_XP = 1
PRC_XP_USE_SETXP = 1
PRC_XP_USE_SIMPLE_LA = 1

Any debug i could perform to find out what is going wrong or any other pointers?

I do have several merged scripts in the events section of module properties but at the top it always executes the prc file...

Thanks in advance for ideas on how to find out what is happening.

January 29, 2012, 12:12:55 PM
Reply #1

I can't seem to figure out why no xp is being given nor do monsters drop any loot...

I'm not using anything to prevent normal loot generation to be interrupted so should be as per bioware default unless prc or cep changes the loot rules....

As to XP, these are the switches im using and again I've not changed anything  to the default monster scripts:

PRC_XP_ANIMALCOMPANION_PARTY_COUNT_x100 = 1
PRC_XP_DOMINATED_PARTY_COUNT_x100 = 1
PRC_XP_FAMILIAR_PARTY_COUNT_x100 = 1
PRC_XP_HENCHMAN_PARTY_COUNT_x100 = 1
PRC_XP_MAX_LEVEL_DIFF = 5
PRC_XP_MAX_PHYSICAL_DISTANCE = 1000
PRC_XP_MUST_BE_IN_AREA = 1
PRC_XP_PC_PARTY_COUNT_x100 = 25
PRC_XP_SUMMONED_PARTY_COUNT_x100=1
PRC_XP_USE_PNP_XP = 1
PRC_XP_USE_SETXP = 1
PRC_XP_USE_SIMPLE_LA = 1

Any debug i could perform to find out what is going wrong or any other pointers?

I do have several merged scripts in the events section of module properties but at the top it always executes the prc file...

Thanks in advance for ideas on how to find out what is happening.

Sorry, I don't use the PRC XP system cause I couldn't figure the damn thing out either.  I use PWFXP for the PRC.  Which apparently you helped write to start with :D

I think the one I'm posting below has more PRC related tweaks done to it.
HEATSTROKE

January 29, 2012, 12:26:09 PM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

Check if PRC_XP_USE_BIOWARE_XPTABLE switch work for you.

PRC doesn't change default loot generation, and your current settings look OK. Make sure that nw_c2_default7.ncs script from PRC is not overriden by another script.

Edit: Set PRC_XP_SLIDER_x100 to 100 (= xp *1) if you don't set this switch you'll get xp * 0 ;p
also the system assumes that you went through the ConvoCC and have at least 1 xp.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 03:01:58 PM by xwarren »

January 30, 2012, 09:50:25 AM
Reply #3

Thanks I'll switch to the pwfxp one... at least i know how to make that work...

One question as i get to this... the PRC_PW_LOCATION_TRACKING switch --> should it respawn you after server reset where your location last was? because it isn't, it is first sending me there and then quickly still sending me to server start point...

also when equipping a primary weapon when you relogon after server reset is it normal that you get an unusable claw in your inventory and that your pimary weapons damage is reduced to the natural weapon damage type?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 10:40:15 AM by Silvercloud »

January 30, 2012, 11:00:49 AM
Reply #4
    • View Profile

One question as i get to this... the PRC_PW_LOCATION_TRACKING switch --> should it respawn you after server reset where your location last was? because it isn't, it is first sending me there and then quickly still sending me to server start point...
Your PC should load on starting location and be transported to last location after a while (6.0 seconds). I've never tested if that work.

also when equipping a primary weapon when you relogon after server reset is it normal that you get an unusable claw in your inventory and that your pimary weapons damage is reduced to the natural weapon damage type?
Weapon damage is not reduced in any way - that's only a bug in character sheet. And no, you shouldn't get any claws in your inventory (and if you do, they should be destroyed by the script after a while)

Edit: Could you check if attached script solves the problem with PRC_PW_LOCATION_TRACKING, please
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 11:04:16 AM by xwarren »

February 01, 2012, 06:20:22 AM
Reply #5

the attached script had no effect on tracking... it still first sends me to the correct location only to be overwritten with the default again...

February 01, 2012, 09:16:12 AM
Reply #6

Hmmm I think i found out what is going wrong.... for some reason data is not being entered for anything in the PRC in the pwdata... though I'm not 100% sure you guys actually post in the MYSQL DB or if its kept somewhere else.
weirdly though, anything i have in my pw thats not PRC is able to write to the DB.

I'm using MYSQL and these switches (for database and letoscript):

PRC_USE_DATABASE
PRC_DB_MYSQL
PRC_USE_LETOSCRIPT
PRC_LETOSCRIPT_NWN_DIR = D:\NWserver\  --> working as new chars get rolled properly
PRC_LETOSCRIPT_FIX_ABILITIES

any ideas?

wait... some of it is working at least --> "CREATE TABLE xchst_db" command is parsed into the odbc log... is there anything else that I could check?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:28:01 AM by Silvercloud »

February 04, 2012, 08:40:13 AM
Reply #7

Okay there's more not working properly... I'm using version 3.5rc1...
-- Everyone who has a natural weapon from the prc gets a new one on each logon and the old one does not get destroyed...
-- Warblade maneuvers cannot be picked and they should a bad strref on choosing....

February 05, 2012, 08:21:54 AM
Reply #8
    • View Profile

Okay there's more not working properly... I'm using version 3.5rc1...
-- Everyone who has a natural weapon from the prc gets a new one on each logon and the old one does not get destroyed...
-- Warblade maneuvers cannot be picked and they should a bad strref on choosing....

I totally forgot about the issue with tob classes. This wouldn't happen if maneuver learning script used proper constants instead of raw integers. I fixed this right after 3.5rc1 was released (attached the fix).

wait... some of it is working at least --> "CREATE TABLE xchst_db" command is parsed into the odbc log... is there anything else that I could check?

AFAIK PRC code only uses sql db in ConvoCC scripts and I'm sure it's not writing to pwdata table. BTW. Could you check if X-Chest system work for you, please? I tested it on sqlite, but I'm not sure if it works with MySQL. You'll need a key item (resref "xchst_key") to test it.

And I'll try to fix natural weapon system...

February 06, 2012, 03:36:01 AM
Reply #9

I'm not actually using the x_chest... just confirming it made the db.... I'm using another persistent chest system you based yours on since I was sure that would work with mysql... Thanks for the fix i'll add it to the top hak...

-- one more issue discovered: any player on my server can somehow get more than just wis applied to his morningstar (with intuitive attack) when he re-equips the same weapon twice,  for calculations sake here is the data of two trials:
BAB: +3/3
Wisdom bonus: +9/9
Unarmed result: +12/12
Armed result (with morningstar/kama): +19/18
Debugging doesn't result in anything useful as it seems to go through the proper steps. If I had to guess it is probably both applying the unarmed and the armed bonus...

-- on the natural weapons issue, I don't think it's specific to that, I made a char without nat weapons, but he also drops a 1d4 claw into inventory on each login. so it's probably the skin getting reset without deleting the old skin.

thanks again for all your work xwarren, it is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:45:53 AM by Silvercloud »

February 06, 2012, 04:47:26 AM
Reply #10

Found the bug which causes the double up on attack....

// Initialize all these values to 0:
      SetCompositeAttackBonus(oPC, "IntuitiveAttackR", 0, ATTACK_BONUS_ONHAND);
      SetCompositeAttackBonus(oPC, "IntuitiveAttackL", 0, ATTACK_BONUS_OFFHAND);
      SetCompositeAttackBonus(oPC, "InutitiveAttackUnarmed", 0);
      SetLocalInt(oPC, "UnarmedWeaponFinesseBonus", 0);

That line the intuitive attack bit is spelled wrong and since i changed some other bits of this script i recompiled it on my server.. im not sure this is present in the normal PRC 3.5... but if it is you could fix it there too

February 06, 2012, 05:49:47 AM
Reply #11
    • View Profile

Found the bug which causes the double up on attack....

// Initialize all these values to 0:
      SetCompositeAttackBonus(oPC, "IntuitiveAttackR", 0, ATTACK_BONUS_ONHAND);
      SetCompositeAttackBonus(oPC, "IntuitiveAttackL", 0, ATTACK_BONUS_OFFHAND);
      SetCompositeAttackBonus(oPC, "InutitiveAttackUnarmed", 0);
      SetLocalInt(oPC, "UnarmedWeaponFinesseBonus", 0);

That line the intuitive attack bit is spelled wrong and since i changed some other bits of this script i recompiled it on my server.. im not sure this is present in the normal PRC 3.5... but if it is you could fix it there too
Thanks, I corrected the script.

-- on the natural weapons issue, I don't think it's specific to that, I made a char without nat weapons, but he also drops a 1d4 claw into inventory on each login. so it's probably the skin getting reset without deleting the old skin.
It's not skin - GetPCSkin() checks if character has anything in creature armor slot (tag or resref doesn't matter). If it doesn't find anything it checks for prc_skin in characters inventory (just in case), and if there's no prc skin it adds new one.
Could you check the resref of that 1d4 claw? (or send me a character file with that item in inventory)

February 06, 2012, 10:10:49 AM
Reply #12

the claw is back... doh... will post tomorrow
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:38:47 PM by Silvercloud »

February 07, 2012, 01:01:13 AM
Reply #13

claw resref is prc_claw_1d6l_m.

February 07, 2012, 02:07:21 AM
Reply #14
    • View Profile

claw resref is prc_claw_1d6l_m.
Those are used in:
Dragon Disciple class,
Templates: Half-Dragon, Half-Fiendish
Races: Troll, Rakshasa, Wemic, Dragonkin, Nezumi, Poison Dusk Lizardfolk, Bozak, Bazz, Pterran, Nazthurne Rakshasa, Shifter (Razorclaw)
and Claws of the Beast psionic power.