Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Any more templates?  (Read 8982 times)

February 02, 2012, 03:12:24 PM
  • Adept
  • Doom of Worlds
    • View Profile

Is there any chance that some of the older templates (specifically vampire and spawn) will ever be completed and activated?  I'm itching to make a Kain tribute character and want him as authentic as possible.

February 02, 2012, 03:21:18 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Is there any chance that some of the older templates (specifically vampire and spawn) will ever be completed and activated?  I'm itching to make a Kain tribute character and want him as authentic as possible.
Works on vampire template were never started (there's only entry in templates.2da). I would like to add some more templates, but I don't plan to do that any time soon, sorry. I have to finish some other stuff first.

February 02, 2012, 03:31:49 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
  • Doom of Worlds
    • View Profile

Not a big deal, I know you're overworked as it is.  Just got curious since I had heard the vamp template mentioned and wasn't sure of it's status.

May 20, 2012, 05:25:04 PM
Reply #3
  • Sr. Associate
    • View Profile

vampire and chosen of mystra would be lovely. doubt it's going to happen tho :P
My first PrC+Q module (and 1st mod ever): Revamped OC

http://neverwinter.nexusmods.com/mods/163

May 22, 2012, 06:43:46 PM
Reply #4
  • Associate
    • View Profile

We all know how busy you are, xwarren, and how great the result of your labor has been so far.  If you do get around to it, though, the vampire template would be nice.  (I think that was a request way back on one of the original PRC boards.)

Dark_Ansem, chosen of Mystra looks interesting, but all I can find online is a prestige class, not a template class.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

May 23, 2012, 02:55:42 AM
Reply #5
  • Sr. Associate
    • View Profile

look in the Forgotten realms campaign setting 3.0. it details both the template and the use of silver fire :D

May 23, 2012, 07:22:06 PM
Reply #6
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Thanks, Dark_Ansem.

On the subject of adding templates (and other stuff, for that matter), I'm noticing the number of requests (my own included) is considerably beyond what you, xwarren, and the few other people working on code could reasonably do.  However, you are obviously willing to consider new content, which is very generous of you.

In the really old days, the PRC staff used to poll the users occassionally to get a sense of which new content suggestions aroused the most interest.  That practiced stopped when many of the old PRC staff left, but it might be wise to consider that practice again.  Each person tends to consider what he or she wants to be the most important; seeing what PRC users as a whole want might be instructive for all of us, and, if it was a matter of indifference to you which new content you did first, a user poll might help with your decision-making process.

May 23, 2012, 07:48:39 PM
Reply #7

Thanks, Dark_Ansem.

On the subject of adding templates (and other stuff, for that matter), I'm noticing the number of requests (my own included) is considerably beyond what you, xwarren, and the few other people working on code could reasonably do.  However, you are obviously willing to consider new content, which is very generous of you.

In the really old days, the PRC staff used to poll the users occassionally to get a sense of which new content suggestions aroused the most interest.  That practiced stopped when many of the old PRC staff left, but it might be wise to consider that practice again.  Each person tends to consider what he or she wants to be the most important; seeing what PRC users as a whole want might be instructive for all of us, and, if it was a matter of indifference to you which new content you did first, a user poll might help with your decision-making process.

It was my understanding that the templates were fairly easy to add now that the framework for them has been debugged a bit.  What did you tell me was needed for a basic template XWarren?
HEATSTROKE

May 24, 2012, 04:12:16 AM
Reply #8
    • View Profile

It was my understanding that the templates were fairly easy to add now that the framework for them has been debugged a bit.  What did you tell me was needed for a basic template XWarren?
Basically you need 3 things:
- entry in templates.2da
- test script (checks if the template can be applied to character)
- maintain script (applies all special template qualities)

Special abilities etc, will require some extra scripts of course.

May 24, 2012, 12:50:14 PM
Reply #9
  • Sr. Associate
    • View Profile

of course. and possibly new vfx.

if it helps, xwarren, something good for the Chosen of Mystra template :P

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=47193&id=6777