Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Ego Whip: Is it worth it?  (Read 4926 times)

October 23, 2012, 11:04:48 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Ok, as a 4th level Psion, I choose Ego Whip as a power. In PnP it is one of my favourite powers. Shortly thereafter, I discover that Neverwinter Nights doesn't allow ability damage to sink the stats below 3. I still don't know how to augment my powers, but I had the dream of making the Blackguard elf catatonic but alive and now it is gone. OK. I still thought that I would find lots of uses for it as I did in PnP.

I couldn't.

Escaped Sorcerers don't lose spells. Nor the fireballs are any easier to save. The Intellect Devourer laughs at my pathetic attempts at making its spell like abilities any easier to resist.

Should I reload an older savegame to choose my powers wisely?

October 23, 2012, 04:31:33 PM
Reply #1

You may want to level up, choose & use Psychic Reformation, then de-level.

Just my $.02.
Fermi was a Pyrokineticist

October 23, 2012, 06:03:34 PM
Reply #2

Ok, as a 4th level Psion, I choose Ego Whip as a power. In PnP it is one of my favourite powers. Shortly thereafter, I discover that Neverwinter Nights doesn't allow ability damage to sink the stats below 3. I still don't know how to augment my powers, but I had the dream of making the Blackguard elf catatonic but alive and now it is gone. OK. I still thought that I would find lots of uses for it as I did in PnP.

I couldn't.

Escaped Sorcerers don't lose spells. Nor the fireballs are any easier to save. The Intellect Devourer laughs at my pathetic attempts at making its spell like abilities any easier to resist.

Should I reload an older savegame to choose my powers wisely?

Try setting the switch PRC_PNP_ABILITY_DAMAGE_EFFECTS to 1.

Quote from: prc_inc_switch.nss
/**
* Makes reaching 0 in an ability score have the special effects it should have
* according to PnP.
* @see inc_abil_damage.nss
*/
HEATSTROKE