Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Sword of the Stars and Demigod  (Read 20391 times)

August 12, 2009, 10:04:16 AM

Several of the PRC members (mostly myself and Tenjac) play these games fairly regularly, including MP. Are there others around here who do as well?
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

August 12, 2009, 12:41:46 PM
Reply #1

Quote from: Stratovarius

Several of the PRC members (mostly myself and Tenjac) play these games fairly regularly, including MP. Are there others around here who do as well?

I want to try Demigod, but I don't think my PC will run it.  Sword of the Stars is good?  I've seen it on Impulse & was a little curious about it.
HEATSTROKE

August 12, 2009, 01:55:15 PM
Reply #2

It's good. Very good, imo. It takes a little getting used to, as do all 4X games, but its nice all the same. The races are all quite different, and you aren't going to have to worry about running out of things to do in it.

As for DG, what're your specs? You can at least get the demo and try that out and see how it plays. I know, rare that there is a demo, but there is one.

August 12, 2009, 07:34:50 PM
Reply #3

Ok, well I'll give it a look then.

Oh yeah specs

Athlon 3200+, 2 GB DDR RAM, Sound Blaster Live!, ATI9600/x1050 (AGP) & two 250Gb STA HDs

Good system for a few years ago at least. :D  The one I have at work now blows it completely out of the water.  Twice.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 07:37:53 PM by DM Heatstroke »
HEATSTROKE

August 12, 2009, 08:47:59 PM
Reply #4

You're on the minimum specs but should  be able to play it.

August 24, 2009, 06:25:50 PM
Reply #5

I did have Sword of the Stars installed on my computer, but I just never got around to playing it.