Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: New to these boards - Basic Question about install  (Read 3497 times)

February 26, 2010, 02:02:59 PM

Hi everyone. Just found this site. WOW! Niceeee! A couple of questions from a noob....

-  Will this just add content to my Normal game(OC). I have NWN Diadmond installed with no other patches or mods. Or iwll this add content to SoE and HotU as well? I like this site for all fothe new add-ons to Races, Classes, Prestige Classes, etc.. basically all of the new character options it provides.

Thanks for the help in advance!:)

February 26, 2010, 02:22:47 PM
Reply #1
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

You can choose what modules install the prc...
You may install it everywhere except in premium modules, or any modules that require hak files.
To check if a module has .hak files, go into your nwn\hak\ folder and see if there is any file with the name (or abreviation and etc) of your module, if it has there may be problems with the prc.

February 26, 2010, 03:18:08 PM
Reply #2
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Actually, in my experience most modules, even ones with haks, work with the PRC.  It is true, though, that custom content can pose problems.  Check the PRC compatible modules thread for some suggestions on mods that have been tested.

By the way, there are special merge haks available to work with CEP content, so typically the CEP haks aren't an issue.