Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Trouble with Truenaming Utterances Known  (Read 2927 times)

March 27, 2010, 04:59:50 PM

I'm using 3.3G, and I ended up doing a re-vamp of the utterances currently coded.
However, I have been unable to increase the amount of utterances you start with in addition to how early you learn them.
I'm assuming you change the utterances known in the prc_includes, specifically the cls_true_maxlvl.2da and cls_true_known. Is there something special you have to do to get the system to recognize the changes (like how it was necessary to compile nss to ncs?).
When I use the prcupdater, everything but those two seem to change [the java character creator reflects the skill changes and such], [in game the spell changes (Dc and effect wise) , level you learn feats, and class skills has changed appropriately but I still can only learn 1 utterance).

March 27, 2010, 05:50:22 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Yes, to increase the number of utterances known you need to edit those 2da files.

After you change the 2das, try removing PRC_DATA.CDX, PRC_DATA.DBF and PRC_DATA.FPT form nwn\database folder (make a backup first). The values will be read directly form 2das, and not from database cache.

BTW, check out download section of this forum for the latest release of the PRC Pack (3.3h rc2).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 05:50:47 PM by xwarren »

March 27, 2010, 06:26:38 PM
Reply #2

Wow, was not expecting such a quick response.
Deleting the database seems to have done the trick, starting me off with 2 utterances vs. just one.
You are a life/timesaver, thank you!

I'll check out the newest version, probably going to move the changes to it at one point.