Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: My Games  (Read 32736 times)

June 08, 2009, 02:06:23 PM

Well, since I made this place I might as well start out. Currently, I'm mostly playing Demigod, Sword of the Stars, Civ 4: BTS, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, and Company of Heroes. As you can probably tell from that list, I don't actually play RPGs much. I prefer RTS and FPS games above all others, especially FPS. It's the pace of the game, rather than anything else. Nice, easy to accomplish breakpoints rather than the 40+ hours of going through the Witcher or similar games. It's also a function of the limited time I have to game. Tends to be that I have so many things I want to do I bounce from one to the other, and a round or two of ETQW is a much better marker than 40 minutes of an RPG.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

June 08, 2009, 10:55:40 PM
Reply #1

I like to play AoW (age of wonder * the brave new world version 3.2*) and star wars (the Lucas arts version). I have played others but let go of them after a few weeks of play such as age of mythology and civilization series. I just love NWN and it is hard for me to let it go for very long specially with all the PRC content and the constant community contributions. I play AoW alot as well with friends because it is one of the few games I like that can be played in just about any computer as it is not very recourse intensive  and well many of my friends that live in less fortunate places in the world and do not have the super computers most of the games require to play. Since xbox and all them game consoles got so advanced so have the games developed for pc games and along the way they forgot that they have fans all over the world not just developed nations and I have found there are many good games with great fan base such as NWN 1 and Civilization series that service the needs of these often forgotten consumers.

I keep praying that DA will be something I will be able to play with my middle of the line computer or else it will just join the pile of games I have (including NWN2) that I have never been able to play because I need a better computer to do so. Perhaps those of you directly in contact with game developers can find a way to make your games in a way that they can be played with high graphic needs or the old 32 or 16 bit if need be for some users not able to play at the state of the art graphics and speed. (not because we do not want to but because it is just to expensive to do so for some of us.)

But the best in my eyes still is NWN1 even though it is considered old school.

June 08, 2009, 11:47:31 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I'm currently playing some NwN modules but have some really old games installed , like Tomb Raider 3 and Morrowind. Had Sudeki , FEAR and Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines and the Baldur's Gates also but unistalled them cause I'm out of hard drive space :P I have a brand new computer mind you but a good game is a good game no matter how old it is :D

June 09, 2009, 02:20:23 AM
Reply #3

Freespace 2 :) (involved with modding for that one too)

June 09, 2009, 08:09:15 AM
Reply #4

Bah, we need to find you a new game FS. You've been with that one for years.

I actually played Age of Wonders II a fair amount, although without the expansion. As you may have noticed, I didn't list NWN in my games played. Haven't actually opened it aside for testing in about three years. It's old enough that it doesn't really appeal to me from a gameplay perspective any more, but it does from a coding one.

Oh, yes. I've also committed the sacrilege of never playing or even owning any of the BG series.

June 09, 2009, 08:44:36 AM
Reply #5

I am currently playing Dawn of War : Soulstorm (again).

I just can't put it down, for some reason.

Might have something to do with me being a hopeless Warhammer 40K addict.  Dunno.

Tried out DoW II - it sucks.  Nice graphics, bad gameplay...really bad bugs and IMBA.

Hey!  That sounds suspiciously like another sequel we all know!

Other than that, I am still playing NWN.

I am actually looking forwards to DA:O now that the draconian DRM has been dropped.

June 09, 2009, 10:06:03 AM
Reply #6
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Oh man. I am currently playing Dwarf Fortress, Shin Megami Tensai: Nocturn, Morrowind, Oblivion and... that's about it right now.

I love these games. So much thought goes into them, and the fact that just about anything can screw you over big time and everything is so god damn frustrating... well, oddly enough it makes me come back for more, instead of leaving in a pissed off mood >_>

June 09, 2009, 11:02:51 AM
Reply #7

That would probably have me tossing the discs away. I rather dislike things of that sort.

June 09, 2009, 11:46:11 AM
Reply #8
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Well, it depends on how you play honestly. I play it modded, on 100+ difficulty, with GCD and some difficulty mods. And I intentionally nerf myself (I don't enchany myself with 100% chamelion, nor do I have armor that has a constant effect of +60 shield. For each peice.)

Then again, I only started doing this when I leanred the ends and out of the game itself. When I first started I got WTF pwned big time.

Shin Megami Tensai: Nocturn is just freaking hard no matter how you play it though. So rewarding when you finally win though,

June 09, 2009, 12:09:55 PM
Reply #9

Its never really been the challenge for me, since I haven't found a game I can't beat once I learn the rules. Its whether its interesting. Morrowind and other sandboxes have bored me after a while because there isn't a dedicated storyline. Or, if there is, it involves lots and lots of walking around and not getting anything done. It's why I liked Arx Fatalis: it's linear, but with a decent storyline. I often prefer being railroaded in an RPG. Strange, I know.

June 09, 2009, 10:58:54 PM
Reply #10
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Not really strange. I found myself getting bored of Morrowind when I had no more quests to do. Sure, there's alot of stuff to do after running out of quests, but it seems.... pointless. Mods really help with that though.

If you're interested, there are some mods for Morrowind that are freaking awesome. Then again, I might be the only Morrowind Fanboy on this forum, so yeah >_>

June 20, 2009, 02:05:25 AM
Reply #11
  • Adept
    • View Profile

June 21, 2009, 11:35:05 AM
Reply #12
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I'm currently playing a fair range of games depending on my inclination at the moment.

LOTRO, Demigod, Sims 3, Ghostbusters, Team Fortess 2, Dawn of War II.

All good games, and more will be added to the list as my HDTV comes in tomorrow and I won't have to struggle to see my 360 games, hurting my eyes in the process.
You'll note WoW is notably missing from what I've previously mentioned. :P

July 06, 2009, 08:00:10 AM
Reply #13

Might have something to do with me being a hopeless Warhammer 40K addict.

Nah, that's when you got 3000 points in more than one army (like me: Dark Angels and Tyranids, yes, tabletop). :p

Too many games to properly list.

Lets see... for the sake of easy listing; I won't list freeware/free mmos:
Icewind Dale + Heart of Winter
Lionheart
Arx Fatalis
A Vampyre Story
Gothic 1, 2 + Night of the Raven, 3
Fallout 1, 2
Age of Empires 3 + Warchiefs + Asian Dynasties
Civilisation 4 + Warlords + Beyond the Sword + Colonisation
Neverwinter Nights 1 + SoU + HotU + Premium Modules (got all)
Neverwinter Nights 2 + MotB + SoZ
Dawn of War 1 + Winter Assault + Dark Crusade + Soulstorm
Warcraft 3 + Frozen Throne
Guild Wars
Plenty of others

July 13, 2009, 11:30:42 AM
Reply #14

You know, those game are a long list of the ones that I play. You copycat you. Aside from the MMOs.