Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Question about Races templates.  (Read 5653 times)

September 12, 2010, 12:20:58 AM
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Is there half fiend/celestial/dragon, lich, lycantrope and others in prc? if yes, how can i access them?

September 12, 2010, 01:41:07 AM
Reply #1

The ones I know of that are working:
Fiendish
Half-Fiend
Celestial
Half-Celestial
Half-Dragon

Unsure on the Lycantrope templates, and I am not sure if the Lich template is functional yet. Not sure if the Necropolitan is working fully either, I haven't tested those ones yet.

Go to PRC Options in your class radial menu (where class abilities are), then select the Gain a Template line from the dialog. (Most templates require your character to be level 1, just FYI.)

September 12, 2010, 10:58:45 AM
Reply #2

Note that you'll need NWNX to make the template-provided bonuses permanent and non-magical. The steps are noted in the "PRC 3.3H!!!" thread [http://www.nwnprc.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=593&rowstart=0]

September 12, 2010, 01:44:25 PM
Reply #3
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

i need to install the whole NWNX for that?
if i install it, can i play alone? or need to be run in a server?

September 12, 2010, 01:56:28 PM
Reply #4
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

ohh i just saw the process for gaining templates...
well i didnt want it anyway xD
And what about creating new races with the templates already implanted? maybe the base races like human, elf, dwarf, halfling, gnome X half-fiend/dragon/celestial (dont know if you can have an half-elf/orc half-celestial or anything, maybe through the rules you can but... its not logical) .

September 13, 2010, 05:24:53 AM
Reply #5

Basically, without NWNX:

-Ability score bonuses are removed then reapplied after resting; can cause issues for caster classes if said ability score bonuses are linked to casting (i.e. int/cha/wis). In other words, you can lose some prepared spells or uses per day.

-Bonuses are considered magical, so they count towards the engine's limitation on how much you can stack (i.e. you cannot have, say, +50 Intellect from buffs or items).

With NWNX and the appropriate stuff:

-Ability score bonuses are identical to racial bonuses (i.e. they stay around no matter what)

-Bonuses are not counted towards the maximum you can stack.

In other words, if you're playing a casting class that uses a casting attribute that isn't affected by the template, or not playing a spellcasting class at all, and you don't plan on stacking lots of magical bonuses for the same thing the template grants bonuses for, then you don't really need to mess with NWNX.

But to get the most out of templates, you do need NWNX, which lets you bypass engine limitations.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:53:20 AM by xwarren »

September 14, 2010, 02:57:37 PM
Reply #6
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Ok so i will change some prc races that i dont like into some hybrids like human/half-fiend, celestial and stuff.
The question is: where can i check the list of feats/habilities each one of them gain? its in the race_feat_****.2da files? or where?

September 14, 2010, 03:28:11 PM
Reply #7

Quote from: havoker

Ok so i will change some prc races that i dont like into some hybrids like human/half-fiend, celestial and stuff.
The question is: where can i check the list of feats/habilities each one of them gain? its in the race_feat_****.2da files? or where?

Yes.
HEATSTROKE