Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Man at Arms & Master Critical...  (Read 3387 times)

September 28, 2010, 10:57:38 PM

Maybe I have reported this before... I forgot

Man at Arms will learn 'Master Critical' at Class Lv3, & 4 feats should be chosen then. I think it means that I should choose 4 Improved Criticals, but then:

1 It says that I've taken the wrong feats & should choose again, whether I took exactly the four Improve Criticals of those have Weapon Focus or not
2 After the warning, nothing happens even if I have taken 4 Great Strength -- no level down, no need to choose again...
3 I will get Improved Critical of the 4 weapons whatever I choose

So maybe it's a bug that I can take 4 more feats~ pretty good:P

September 29, 2010, 06:15:13 AM
Reply #1

Master Critical just means that the 4 weapons you have weapon focus in (this is a feat requirement to class as a man at arms) will have the Improved Critical feat.

:: Improved Critical ::
"Type of Feat: General
Prerequisite: Proficiency with the chosen weapon, base attack bonus +8 or higher.
Specifics: Combat ability doubles the critical threat range with a given weapon. A longsword that normally threatens a critical on a roll of 19-20 would now threaten a critical on a roll of 17-20.
Use: Automatic. The threat range of a Keen weapon is already doubled, increasing to triple with this feat. This feat can be selected multiple times, applying to a new weapon category each time.
Special: Halflings and Gnomes are small creatures and as such they can never use the following large weapons - dire mace, double bladed sword, doubleaxe, greataxe, greatsword, halberd, heavy flail, and scythe."

If you are given 4 new feat picks when you reach level 3 of Man at Arms something is probably wrong : D

Also I think choosing improved critical for weapons that you have weapon focus feat in don't stack with the bonus from master critical so it may be redundant.