Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Truenamer  (Read 6017 times)

November 09, 2010, 04:44:08 PM

Hi, I just started getting into NWN the other day and was interested in this class but haven't seen much info about it as far as people's experiences and whatnot.  What's this class like at epic levels, and what would be a good prestige class to go with it?  I tried one out but was hoping for more direct damage I guess, as a lot of the early spells seemed to be combat buffs, but the class has limited weapon/armor choices.

I was also interested in psion, but is there any way I can see how many PP I have left?  :|

November 09, 2010, 04:50:12 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: chriseggroll

Hi, I just started getting into NWN the other day and was interested in this class but haven't seen much info about it as far as people's experiences and whatnot.  What's this class like at epic levels, and what would be a good prestige class to go with it?  I tried one out but was hoping for more direct damage I guess, as a lot of the early spells seemed to be combat buffs, but the class has limited weapon/armor choices.

I was also interested in psion, but is there any way I can see how many PP I have left?  :|

Read this:
Player's Guide to Truenaming
and this:
Player's Guide to Psionics
Psionics: My Experiences to Date

Not sure how to answer the question about remaining PPs. Just try a psionic character in-game ;)

November 09, 2010, 05:33:03 PM
Reply #2

Thanks, those help a lot!  I'm not sure about PPs either, I had tried a psion but didn't see anything that displayed PPs on the character sheet, seems like something that would be important to know though!

November 09, 2010, 07:24:10 PM
Reply #3

Perhaps something could be added to the radial of a manifester similar to the "Check spellfire levels" radial entry for Spellfire-using characters. I know, the radial menu of a manifester is already cluttered (and I know the engine doesn't leave another option), but perhaps it could be slid into one of the existing multi-entry radials (such as presets or something, like how it is for spellfire.))

Would this be possible? I don't know how difficult it would be to change anything related to the psionics system.

November 10, 2010, 06:18:14 AM
Reply #4

Quote from: heimdallw32

Perhaps something could be added to the radial of a manifester similar to the "Check spellfire levels" radial entry for Spellfire-using characters. I know, the radial menu of a manifester is already cluttered (and I know the engine doesn't leave another option), but perhaps it could be slid into one of the existing multi-entry radials (such as presets or something, like how it is for spellfire.))

Would this be possible? I don't know how difficult it would be to change anything related to the psionics system.

All you have to do is gain Psi Focus. Or rest.  Or manifest a power.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 06:18:36 AM by DM Heatstroke »
HEATSTROKE