Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: A few questions about PRC  (Read 5855 times)

March 18, 2012, 07:47:21 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hello there dear sirs and maidens in distress.

I come before you with a couple of questions about PRC.

I have installed NWN+Exps+1.69 patch and all of the premium modules.
 Inserted PRC in the original campaign.

~ some of the PRC icons (like feats or certain abilities) do not appear during character creation or in-game; they are blank.
 ~ I am running a two-handed fighter (for the extra feat and martial prof) / cleric

-> I tried to take martial prof as a cleric but it just prompted me to select a certain weapon - I remember that it just gave me all the weapons before - I could be mistaking - is that intended?
                 -> the greatsword I am using is being held only with one hand and the animation is the animation for a long sword - that is just awful from my point of view - is that intended? If it is not intended, can I fix it?

Thank you very much for making some truly awesome.

I will ask any more question I might have in this thread.

March 18, 2012, 08:53:20 PM
Reply #1
  • Adept
    • View Profile

To the best of my knowledge, purely as a player:

On the proficiencies, you only get one specific weapon per feat spent.  A level in Fighter should net you either all martial weapon proficiency feats, or at least an equivalent feat that.  If you equip the weapon and no attack penalty icon appears beside your portrait, you're set.

On the one-handed two-handed weapons, it's a necessary workaround to allow wielding the weapons as one-handers.  Large races can effortlessly wield two-handed weapons intended for medium characters as one-handed weapons - but since the official content never included any large player races, the engine isn't equipped to handle such content.  Since the nwnprc pack includes both races and feats that allow that, the current workaround was implemented, with all weapons assigned as able to be equipped in one hand.

March 19, 2012, 05:05:26 AM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Thank you very much dear sir.

March 19, 2012, 04:16:56 PM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

So a medium race character will wield a 2-handed weapon as a one handed?
Therefore no bonus damage for using 2 hands?
:(

I guess the AC bonus from shield (or the extra atacks with the other hand) compensates that.

March 19, 2012, 07:19:19 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

The graphical rendering of your character wielding it as a one-handed weapon in those cases is merely an unintended side-effect of the workaround, I believe.  You should still get the +50% bonus to your strength modifier and power attack bonus.

March 20, 2012, 03:26:15 PM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Another dumb question:

- I've crafted some weapons - how exactly can I improve them?

Are there certain feats?

I've made a mastercraft greatsword. Is there a way to make it +1 etc.?

March 20, 2012, 03:30:44 PM
Reply #6
    • View Profile

Another dumb question:

- I've crafted some weapons - how exactly can I improve them?

Are there certain feats?

I've made a mastercraft greatsword. Is there a way to make it +1 etc.?
If you have Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat you can use "Craft Item" (from class radial menu) on that sword to improve it.

March 20, 2012, 07:12:32 PM
Reply #7
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Just figured it out - those feats are rather high level - cannot be used in the OC.

Must fight through the mobs without my precious crafting.

Thank you so much for your time.

I will ask other questions that I might have later on in this thread.

March 21, 2012, 08:23:36 AM
Reply #8
  • Associate
    • View Profile

If I recall correctly, "craft wondrous item" requires only two caster levels, and "craft magical arms and armor" requires five caster levels, so if you are playing a caster type, the feats shouldn't be too high level.  On the other hand, if you are talking about wielding a greatsword, perhaps you aren't playing a caster class, if which case the magic crafting feats won't show up.