Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Can't change Nymph's appearance  (Read 6484 times)

May 06, 2010, 04:04:07 AM

I'm using PRC3.3+CEP2.1+Character Creator and I tried to build a character whose race is Nymph. But then I found that no matter how I change the appearance, it remains in the former way. Then I used LETO to open the bic file and found the appearance is 'elf' but in the game it's still a true nymph.

In other words, how to change a nymph character's appearance? Or once a character's race is Nymph then the appearance is locked?

PS: other races, like Pixie, Bralani Eradrin or so don't have this problem.

May 12, 2010, 10:05:31 PM
Reply #1

Too sad... no reply ~~~~(>_<)~~~~  Let me explain more

I saw another discussion about this problem on this forum. It says the appearance of a nymph PC will be locked to the appearance of nymph NPC unless the gender is female.

Then I opened player.bic of a save with Leto, and found that the appearance is changed to 'Nymph' automatically when entering the game, no matter which appearance I've chosen. And I changed player.bic, but still it doesn't work :((

I know there's actually no male nymph in d&d, but I still want a try... I think there may be a script or so controlling this, but I don't know where to find it.

Could someone help me, please?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:07:19 PM by william_iii »

May 13, 2010, 09:00:49 AM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

Are you playing in MP mode? It might be that it's not caused by any of PRC scripts, but bioware horse system - we had similar problems with custom appearances in ConvoCC.

You can try changing the script assigned to OnClientEnter event in your module to 'prc_onenter.nss' - so the default onenter script (x3_def_mod_enter???) won't be executed.

Hope this will help

X

May 14, 2010, 02:56:26 AM
Reply #3

Quote from: xwarren

Are you playing in MP mode? It might be that it's not caused by any of PRC scripts, but bioware horse system - we had similar problems with custom appearances in ConvoCC.

You can try changing the script assigned to OnClientEnter event in your module to 'prc_onenter.nss' - so the default onenter script (x3_def_mod_enter???) won't be executed.

Hope this will help

X

Thanks very much for reply!

In fact I'm just playing in single mode (does 'MP mode' mean 'Mutiple Player mode'?), and I don't think it's caused by PRC, either. I agree that it's a bioware script who locks the appearance of a nymph, but I don't know where to find OnClientEnter event or x3_def_mod_enter...

I tried DebugMode and got funny result: after SetAppearance 1 the appearance changes to elf, but as soon as any change of appearance occurs (e.g. change a cloth), it returns to NPC nymph again. Then where to find the lock sript?

May 14, 2010, 05:27:16 AM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

It's in the race_skin script, at the very bottom. (I'm currently playing a male nymph, myself :))

May 14, 2010, 06:40:32 AM
Reply #5

Quote from: EZtark

It's in the race_skin script, at the very bottom. (I'm currently playing a male nymph, myself :))

Could you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease tell some more? I mean the entire way... I only know exporting file with nwn explorer...

May 14, 2010, 09:20:55 AM
Reply #6
    • View Profile

Download attached file and extract is somewhere. Use nwhak.exe (it's can be found in your NWN\utils dir) to open prc_race.hak. Drag&drop extracted nsc file on nwhak window, overwrite existing file and save the hak. This should let you use male nymphs.

May 14, 2010, 09:32:25 PM
Reply #7

:D:D:DWELL DONE!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH, XWARREN & EZTARK!!!!!!:D:D:D

BTW, I exported race_skin.nss and found "Enforce female Nymphs" at bottom:(. Then I used "/*" & "*/" to make it unavailabe just like in C/C++, but this doesn't work after I put it back to prc_race.hak. Have I found the right place? Or does it mean that the script must be compiled and only those .ncs have effect?

:D:D:DTHANK YOU AGAIN!!! And last time it was xwarren who solve the epic spell problem, too. You're really GREAT!!!:D:D:D