Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC Compatible Modules  (Read 42918 times)

June 17, 2009, 03:59:04 PM
Reply #15

Quote from: MaxAstro

Would also like to note that I would be very, very interested in seeing a PRC-using persistent world.  I'd be glad to offer my help in any way I can to make it happen.  Unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of needed skills; like I mentioned earlier, I couldn't even figure out how to make a proper merge hak.  ^^;  And I have no real experience with the toolset...

But I'm certainly willing to try and learn if there is something I can help with.

Athas Reborn has had the PRC integrated into it, but I'm still squashing bugs & recreating the Loot & Encounter tables before I let the newest version go live.

A few modules I've played thru with the PRC installed:

The Hex Coda I & II

Elgalia Eternium
Excrucio Eternium

Siege of Shadowdale
Crimson Tides of Tethyr
Tyrants of the Moonsea

Darkness Over Daggerford (laggy in Daggerford, but playable)

Eye of the Beholder v2 (Got laggy around dungeon level 6, but I think it was due to leaving loot & corpses on the ground)
Pool of Radiance
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:31:27 PM by DM Heatstroke »
HEATSTROKE

June 18, 2009, 12:31:44 AM
Reply #16
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://deepingdale.proboards.com/index.cgi?

We have been a PRC using PW for about 3 years now.

our wiki can be found here
http://deepingdale.wikia.com/wiki/Deepingdale_Wiki?

Deeping Dale and the Moonsea is a RP based PW in the moonsea region. We are a slower leveling mid magic server that has a active DM team.

June 18, 2009, 01:18:18 PM
Reply #17

Quote from: CapnQ

I used the EN6 version without PRC installed (EN6CEP2.zip from http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=5034), and installed PRC myself (using the PRC installer program).I also had to open EN6 in the toolset and disable the code that strips you of all items (because it was causing problems like those described in the 1st and 3rd posts here: http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=665363&forum=42&sp=30). After I did that, it worked without too many problems even without the PRC/CEP merge hak, which now rather surprises me--maybe I just got lucky.

hello.
CapnQ  
I've open the module in the toolset, but couldn't find the code that strips you of all items....
thanks

June 18, 2009, 04:42:15 PM
Reply #18
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Quote from: FazliAmri

I used the EN6 version without PRC installed (EN6CEP2.zip from http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=5034), and installed PRC myself (using the PRC installer program).I also had to open EN6 in the toolset and disable the code that strips you of all items (because it was causing problems like those described in the 1st and 3rd posts here: http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=665363&forum=42&sp=30). After I did that, it worked without too many problems even without the PRC/CEP merge hak, which now rather surprises me--maybe I just got lucky.

hello.
CapnQ  
I've open the module in the toolset, but couldn't find the code that strips you of all items....
thanks

I don't know how familiar you are with the toolset or who else my try to do this, so excuse me if I explain things you already know. After opening EN6 in the toolset, expand the "Scripts" node, scroll down to "en5_modenter", and double-click on it. Comment out line 90; in other words, change it from this:

RemoveAllItems(oPC);

to this:

//RemoveAllItems(oPC);

Press the "Exit" button in the lower-right corner, choose "Save" from the file menu, then exit the toolset. I believe that's all I did.

June 18, 2009, 11:21:55 PM
Reply #19

Thanks man saved my life ;) ( gaming )

June 22, 2009, 06:51:49 AM
Reply #20

Can anyone help me make Elidrin's Random Dungeon Generator PRC-compatible?  It seems to have an issue where gaining experience becomes impossible once the PRC is applied.  Any idea what could be causing this/if its easily fixed?  I've already managed to remove the item strip code (I think) and fix the starting gold for non-base NWN classes, but this one last problem eludes me...

June 22, 2009, 07:34:19 AM
Reply #21
    • View Profile

Try this:

1. Open the module in toolset,
2. Go to 'Edit'\'Module Propreties'
3. on 'Advanced' tab find 'XP Scale' and try to change the XP slider
(I have non english NWN so not sure about the names)

June 22, 2009, 12:24:04 PM
Reply #22
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Quote from: clansunstar

well i have just about every version of the cep in my hak folder. what i did was changed all the haks to current versions and i tend to use it as a single player mod, i would have interest in helping get it up for a pw. i have some building skills and some minor scripting skills. any way i can help i will.:)

the mod is a very large mod and would need trimmed IMO to run as a good server. it takes a very long time to load. their is an older version that tends to run better but it is a bit smaller than the best version IMO.

Yeah, I love PRC World Extreme, though I usually ran it just on my machine as a single player experience--my schedule makes it tricky to really get into online gaming.  Nonetheless, it would be a great service if someone could create a version that could run as a PW.

Trimming might be facilitated by the fact that the original author borrowed material from all over the place, some of which don't work in their current setting and thus could be easily deleted.  Examples:  Port Stargazer has two characters that are supposed to give quests but don't.  A prisoner rescued in the abbey alludes to one of the Stargazers but then rescuing him doesn't trigger an acknowledgement that the quest is completed.  Similarly, parts of Aldania (I think that's the name) are in there, but with insufficient information.  There is a central quest that is not completable.)  Taking out all the bits and pieces that don't have the scripts to run might make the module more manageable.  Sadly, someone would also have to make sure the removed pieces didn't create continuity problems.  I think, for example, that as currently set up, Port Stargazer functions as the entrance to the city of Rykaria, so someone would have to supply other links.  I lack the skill for such an undertaking.

June 23, 2009, 10:10:04 PM
Reply #23

Quote from: Calirion

well i have just about every version of the cep in my hak folder. what i did was changed all the haks to current versions and i tend to use it as a single player mod, i would have interest in helping get it up for a pw. i have some building skills and some minor scripting skills. any way i can help i will.:)

the mod is a very large mod and would need trimmed IMO to run as a good server. it takes a very long time to load. their is an older version that tends to run better but it is a bit smaller than the best version IMO.

Yeah, I love PRC World Extreme, though I usually ran it just on my machine as a single player experience--my schedule makes it tricky to really get into online gaming.  Nonetheless, it would be a great service if someone could create a version that could run as a PW.

Trimming might be facilitated by the fact that the original author borrowed material from all over the place, some of which don't work in their current setting and thus could be easily deleted.  Examples:  Port Stargazer has two characters that are supposed to give quests but don't.  A prisoner rescued in the abbey alludes to one of the Stargazers but then rescuing him doesn't trigger an acknowledgement that the quest is completed.  Similarly, parts of Aldania (I think that's the name) are in there, but with insufficient information.  There is a central quest that is not completable.)  Taking out all the bits and pieces that don't have the scripts to run might make the module more manageable.  Sadly, someone would also have to make sure the removed pieces didn't create continuity problems.  I think, for example, that as currently set up, Port Stargazer functions as the entrance to the city of Rykaria, so someone would have to supply other links.  I lack the skill for such an undertaking.

what i did first was remove all placeables that were static and had no use. then i started striping down areas to bare essentials. the larger mod has been giving me allot of trouble so i started working on the smaller one. i am still having trouble getting the haks to all work right together, but i have been working at it for a  few days and hopefully in a couple of days i can have it figured out.

June 25, 2009, 11:26:11 PM
Reply #24

after trying to change the haks for a couple of days now, i am starting to realize that the prc world extreme can not be updated to the current cep and prc haks. rather i don't know how to go about doing it as my comp crashes every time i try. i would like to work on a new pw using the prc if anyone is interested contact me and maybe we can get a group together to get a prc pw up and running.

June 26, 2009, 10:37:11 AM
Reply #25

after trying to change the haks for a couple of days now, i am starting to realize that the prc world extreme can not be updated to the current cep and prc haks. rather i don't know how to go about doing it as my comp crashes every time i try. i would like to work on a new pw using the prc if anyone is interested contact me and maybe we can get a group together to get a prc pw up and running.

Do you like Dark Sun?
HEATSTROKE

June 26, 2009, 10:14:35 PM
Reply #26

i dont like dark sun... i love me some dark sun, you put that dragon of tyr in front of me and ill grovel whimper and beg not to die just like i did in tabletop... athas for life

August 18, 2009, 05:57:35 PM
Reply #27

Quote from: FazliAmri

hello.
CapnQ  
thanks

I don't know how familiar you are with the toolset or who else my try to do this, so excuse me if I explain things you already know. After opening EN6 in the toolset, expand the "Scripts" node, scroll down to "en5_modenter", and double-click on it. Comment out line 90; in other words, change it from this:

RemoveAllItems(oPC);

to this:

//RemoveAllItems(oPC);

Press the "Exit" button in the lower-right corner, choose "Save" from the file menu, then exit the toolset. I believe that's all I did.

I tried this and I'm still getting the weird glitch anyone know what else needs to be done to fix this?

December 14, 2009, 07:25:48 PM
Reply #28

FWIW I'm currently playing the Lord of Terror module with the PRC installed on it and it's working fine so far.  How adaptable it would be to psionics or the other PRC-unique stuff I've no idea but as a hack and slash it's fine...

January 01, 2010, 11:02:36 PM
Reply #29

I just installed PRC into Genesis Nordock, and I will be testing for bugs. This is a huge module, actually a server module, released this christmas by Niceduck and Ironfist.
I'm going to give it a run. The files merged, with the PRC module updater, and needed to overwrite quite a few files in the module, but it looks like it didn't touch any files in my hak folder(cep files especially-date wasn't modified).
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6077

Also, Shadow's Quitus II, a Level 30+ module, which does use a hak(SQ2-V3.HAK), PRC merged successfully. Will be play testing.

Caereena-Krakona, a Level 20+ module, uses a couple tile haks, PRC merged successfully. Custom item are given to player based on original base classes. My first run was all PRC multi-class, no custom gear. I will try again using a NWN base class, plus PRC classes to see if custom item set is given.

I will continue to look for high level modules that work with PRC.
I also have CEP latest version 2.3 installed.

[b]Nordock is running PRC very well, although I had to edit & raise module xp level to 100%, as prc characters are way to strong at first. Nordock is set-up for a slow crafting type game, but I added crafted gear to a new shop, and some of my own(way to strong) gear. I am using it as a character build mod, and it is quite large. The xp is a bit much at times, but I wanted a quick level mod. I will be tweaking and editing my own version of Nordock 2010. I will be adding boss quests, crafted treasues, and some basic magic gear.[/b]
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 08:49:18 PM by bullarock777 »