Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Invocation progression?  (Read 13833 times)

January 08, 2011, 11:07:43 AM

How many invocations do you end up getting for each invocation-tier, and how do the numbers progress as you level? I am guessing that the table used in NWN2 doesn't apply, since even the spells are different there.

I looked on the SRD for a invocation progression table of some kind, other sites too, but I couldn't find anything. I checked Complete Arcane too, but all I found out there is that the total number (may) be twelve. Nothing about progression. Can anyone tell me instead?

January 08, 2011, 12:59:33 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: minigrover

How many invocations do you end up getting for each invocation-tier, and how do the numbers progress as you level? I am guessing that the table used in NWN2 doesn't apply, since even the spells are different there.

I looked on the SRD for a invocation progression table of some kind, other sites too, but I couldn't find anything. I checked Complete Arcane too, but all I found out there is that the total number (may) be twelve. Nothing about progression. Can anyone tell me instead?

At lvl 20th warlock knows 12 invocations. If he chooses to always learn invocations from the highest available level, he will end up like NWN2 warlock: 3 least, 3 lesser, 3 greater and 3 dark. However it is possible to choose invocations from all available levels, so in theory he could have 12 least invocations at that level.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:59:56 PM by xwarren »

January 08, 2011, 01:20:30 PM
Reply #2

Quote from: minigrover

You can pick any invocation that you have the level to cast.
HEATSTROKE

January 08, 2011, 01:24:35 PM
Reply #3

Quote from: xwarren

Ninja'd!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:24:52 PM by DM Heatstroke »
HEATSTROKE

January 08, 2011, 05:44:36 PM
Reply #4

Cool, thanks. I noticed epic feats include extra invocation 'slots' also.

I much prefer this invocation list over the one they chose for NWN2. Warlocks felt more like funky spellcasters in that game. This is altogether darker. B)

Good job on emulating the PNP so well. :)

January 09, 2011, 06:42:01 AM
Reply #5
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

I wanted to ask a question. Your emulation of PnP class abilities, maneuvers, invocations works via feats. I see how it may be difficult to remove a feat, but it seems to be possible (when you lose a level or more, you lose the feats too). I think I could swap out old maneuvers when I played Swordsage in SoU. Now I played original NWN with Warblade, and couldn't do it. So is the problem with Warlock's invocations - you can't swap out the older ones.
Is it possible to implement this feature? If yes, is it easy enough for total newbie to do it? ^^
Ideas are bulletproof.

February 12, 2011, 08:17:24 AM
Reply #6

Warlocks don't seem to get access to Dark invocations at all without taking extra invocation feats. Even at lvl 20 the max lvl is greater.

Also, as Shalvan said it would be nice if choosing new invocations at re-leveling would be implemented.

February 12, 2011, 09:49:09 AM
Reply #7

wrong  , you get dark invocations starting level 16, you get 3 (at lvls 16, 18, 20).

February 12, 2011, 10:04:48 AM
Reply #8

Quote from: marohair39

wrong  , you get dark invocations starting level 16, you get 3 (at lvls 16, 18, 20).

That's the point, this doesn't work for several players on the server I am playing on and they do NOT get dark invocations unless they take extra invocation feats.

February 12, 2011, 11:53:01 AM
Reply #9
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Quote from: Mindflayer
That's the point, this doesn't work for several players on the server I am playing on and they do NOT get dark invocations unless they take extra invocation feats.

Im pretty sure that I didnt pick any extra invocations and I still got dark which means its not always the case. This was the last patch though.

February 12, 2011, 12:03:27 PM
Reply #10

Quote from: Findus

Quote from: Mindflayer

Im pretty sure that I didnt pick any extra invocations and I still got dark which means its not always the case. This was the last patch though.

I leveled a character to 16 and got dark invocations, too, maybe it was somehow fixed in this version but their characters cannot even be re-leveled to fix that problem because the invocations remain.

February 12, 2011, 12:10:51 PM
Reply #11

my idea, is either they changed the progression rate in their servers, or that char encountred a bug ... happend to me at some point in other versions (very rare and random), sometimes relevling settled things out.

February 12, 2011, 12:33:33 PM
Reply #12

Quote from: marohair39

my idea, is either they changed the progression rate in their servers, or that char encountred a bug ... happend to me at some point in other versions (very rare and random), sometimes relevling settled things out.

Unless there is a switch that changes the progression, that cannot be it. Thus, it probably is a bug, which is why I posted about it here. I will make a warlock on the server to test it a bit, maybe it doesn't occur anymore.

February 12, 2011, 03:00:05 PM
Reply #13
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Maybe the server is running some kind of diffrent version?

Eh, who am I kidding I dont know this stuff.

February 12, 2011, 07:34:35 PM
Reply #14

I don't know. I just reached lvl 16 on the server (Altharian Renegade) and I can only choose between least and lesser invocations.