Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Serious issue with update to PRC 3.4 RC1a  (Read 4730 times)

January 15, 2011, 12:46:00 PM

Hello there, Sharlyn from Moonsea
I recently updated our module to 3.4 RC1a, just this morning.

I encountered a few problems.

Wiped database, precached the 2das with mysql, installed haks, tlk, compiled my module with the new PRC includes - there's still the error where the compiler has no idea what a constant with the value "!!0" is but that was in old versions and I correct it each time. Added my own custom includes as always. Everything compiled fine.

The mod works fine, although  some PRC spellcasters (such as Archivist and Favored Souls) had to rebuild to fix their spellbook, which found itself replaced with various spells and feats, at a certain level.

However, it appears that

1) Warblade maneuvers and stances are no longer doing anything - have not tested other ToB classes so far.

2) Most importantly, base NWN caster classes: Sorcerers and Wizards for what we've tested - are no longer able to summon their familiar. It says "Summoned creature" and then.. nothing happens.

I tested an Ultimate Ranger which was able to summon their Animal Companion fine.

I'm a bit at loss here. Any ideas?

January 15, 2011, 03:27:37 PM
Reply #1

xwarren was able to fix it for me. Thank you again xwarren

January 21, 2011, 11:03:15 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Having an almost identical problem.

Using:
NWNEnglish1.69HotUUpdate.exe
CEP_23_Full_C.7z
Setup3.4rc1a.exe
prccep2_merge.rar

Installed NWN, SoU, and HotU.
Hotpatched up to 1.69.
Installed CEP 2.3
Installed PRC 3.4rc1a
So far, no problems. Can create a new wizard in the Neverwinter Original Campaign, with no noticable issues.

Then I use the PRCModuleUpdater.exe to install the PRC Pack to the Neverwinter Original Campaign.

Now the new Wizard characters I create (and the pregen ones that I play) can't summon a familiar. I click the button on my hotkey bar, the character goes through the motions of summoning the familiar (including the bright spellcasting effect around the location where the familiar would be summoned), then nothing. No familiar. The ability is used up for the day, and the character can rest and try again with the same result.

The in game log says:
Peegog Pensinger summons familiar.
Summoned a creature.

I tried using the PRCModuleUpdater.exe to install the prc_ocfix to the Neverwinter Original Campaign. I thought that might fix the issue, but it didn't.

I tried using the PRCModuleUpdater.exe to install the prcc2 to the Neverwinter Original Campaign. This didn't fix it either.

I understand  Sharlyn from Moonsea had a problem that sounds an awful lot like this. And xwarren fixed it. But how? If anyone knows what the fix is for this, I'd be eternally grateful.

January 22, 2011, 06:20:53 AM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

The variable !!0 is there to MAKE the bioware compiler throw an error. You should be using the PRC compiler.

The Bioware compiler simply can't handle the number of Constants in the PRC. Till now there we're circular dependencies which cause other problems and masked the constants problem. Once the CD's we're cleared a method was needed to prevent the bioware compiler throwing a fit as soon as it came across the constant includes.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 11:49:35 AM by ElgarL »

January 22, 2011, 10:07:44 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Quote from: SharlynK

It's great you thank xwarren for helping you and fixing it. But i think you could at least shared the info with us. I'm having the same issue with "Summon Familiar", and i can't get it to work. Could someone please help me? If you (whoever can help) post it here, then everyone will be able to fix it too.

January 23, 2011, 03:30:28 AM
Reply #5
    • View Profile

Quote from: Traxis

Quote from: SharlynK

It's great you thank xwarren for helping you and fixing it. But i think you could at least shared the info with us. I'm having the same issue with "Summon Familiar", and i can't get it to work. Could someone please help me? If you (whoever can help) post it here, then everyone will be able to fix it too.

http://www.nwnprc.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=937 (it's in a bug section, so you have to be logged-in to see this)

January 23, 2011, 09:01:43 AM
Reply #6
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Thanks a lot xwarren. I missed that section, my fault :S